North Korea Restaurant Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination
North Korea Restaurants: 15 reviews and 17 photos
This restaurant was right opposite where we were staying at the Kaesong Folk Hotel and we came here for lunch after visiting Panmunjom. The meal we ate was a traditional Korean one called pansanggi which consisted of 13 small brass dishes, each containing different types of food such as kimchi, rice, pickles and vegetables. A pansanggi meal was usually only eaten by royalty.
After we had visited Kim Il Sung's birth place at Mangyongdae, we had an outside barbeque picnic lunch at a place called Ryonggak Mountain. Again the food was excellent and a food way to cook and eat. We had, what we hoped were, beef and duck on skewers which we cooked on a small grill on the table, salad, bread and more bottles of beer.
We came here on our last evening in North Korea and the food was top rate. It was a duck barbeque restaurant where you cooked the food yourselves at your table and was good fun. Included were bottles of beer and even some rice wine.
This was lunch on our first full day in Pyongyang in a restaurant opposite some embassies, including Romania and Iran, on a street called Sariwon Street in the east of the city. Don't ask me what the restaurant was called but the food was great. You cooked it yourself in a small pot in front of you which was good fun.
We ate a couple of times in two of the Yanggakdo Hotels restaurants. The first night of the tour we ate at the No.2 restaurant and had soup/bread, beef burger, salad and beer served to us by girls wearing traditional Korean dresses. We also had breakfast every morning which consisted of toast, eggs, coffee and yoghurt. The food was fairly good but not as good as other restaurants that we went out to in the city.
More Reviews (63)
- See All Former DPRK officals holiday resort
- See All Nampo - West Sea Barrage
- See All Guides at attractions
- See All Mini-golf at the Yanggakdo Hotel
- See All TV's, lap-tops, beds & furniture - want...
Willettsworld's Related Pages
North Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Korea - The World's Most Isolated Country"
- "Behind Enemy Lines in the Forbidden Land"
- "DPRK - not another BIG story"
- "Close Encounter with DPRK"
- "A surreal experience"
- "North Korea - Poor, but beautiful"
- "8 days in North Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Korea
- Hotels in North Korea
- Transportation in North Korea
- Nightlife in North Korea
- Restaurants in North Korea
- Shopping in North Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in North Korea
- See All...
Explore the World
- Friday Harbor
- York Hotels
- Kinshasa Hotels
- Grande Prairie Hotels
- Vimy Hotels
Badges & Stats in North Korea
- 213 Reviews
- 958 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to North Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Korea
Videos in North KoreaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues