Sapa Hotel Tips by Willettsworld

Sapa Hotels: 6,054 reviews and 70 photos

On trek - Sapa
Homestay: On trek

Day 1 of my trek which I did through et-pumpkin took me from Sapa to a village called Ta Vin where we stayed with a Zay family overnight. We got to our overnight home stay in the village where our beds were upstairs on the floor while they cooked our evening meal on a small open fire in the kitchen area. The food was fantastic - chicken and mushrooms, pork and mushrooms, chips!, rice and spring rolls. They even had beer! Day 2 of the trek started with breakfast which consisted of crepes, toast, coffee/tea. It was a wonderful experience to spend a night with these people and to sample their way of life.

Theme: Other

• Written May 16, 2010
New place in Sapa - Sapa
Pumpkin Hotel: New place in Sapa

As I travelled to Sapa as part of a tour with et-pumpkin from Hanoi, I stayed here at their hotel. I've only just found out that it only opened (in October 2008) a few months before I stayed here in January 2009 and so explained why things looked very new and clean. I was given a good sized twin room all to myself which had 2 single beds, desk, 2 chairs, TV, phone, and a clean bathroom. The staff were nice and friendly plus I had all my meals here during the 2 days I stayed here before and after my 2 day trek. The meals are from 4 set menus with different choices of a soup, veg, main dish, spring rolls, rice and get a bit boring as you have to choice them for lunch and dinner. The hotel itself, is well located in the main tourist area, just down the road from the market and so is handy for a few shops, bakeries, restaurants, cafes and a couple of bars. BTW, I stayed here in January and it gets very cold and luckily the hotel provides electric heaters but for a price. Make sure you get one for $3 and not $5!

Address: 42 Cau May st

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.et-pumpkin.com

• Written May 16, 2010

Willettsworld

“"Don't listen to what they say. Go see." ~ Chinese proverb”

Badges & Stats in Sapa

Have you been to Sapa?

Latest Activity in Sapa

Visiting Sapa?
Read real reviews about Sapa Hotels!

Friends