Sapa Hotel Tips by Willettsworld
Sapa Hotels: 6,054 reviews and 70 photos
Day 1 of my trek which I did through et-pumpkin took me from Sapa to a village called Ta Vin where we stayed with a Zay family overnight. We got to our overnight home stay in the village where our beds were upstairs on the floor while they cooked our evening meal on a small open fire in the kitchen area. The food was fantastic - chicken and mushrooms, pork and mushrooms, chips!, rice and spring rolls. They even had beer! Day 2 of the trek started with breakfast which consisted of crepes, toast, coffee/tea. It was a wonderful experience to spend a night with these people and to sample their way of life.
As I travelled to Sapa as part of a tour with et-pumpkin from Hanoi, I stayed here at their hotel. I've only just found out that it only opened (in October 2008) a few months before I stayed here in January 2009 and so explained why things looked very new and clean. I was given a good sized twin room all to myself which had 2 single beds, desk, 2 chairs, TV, phone, and a clean bathroom. The staff were nice and friendly plus I had all my meals here during the 2 days I stayed here before and after my 2 day trek. The meals are from 4 set menus with different choices of a soup, veg, main dish, spring rolls, rice and get a bit boring as you have to choice them for lunch and dinner. The hotel itself, is well located in the main tourist area, just down the road from the market and so is handy for a few shops, bakeries, restaurants, cafes and a couple of bars. BTW, I stayed here in January and it gets very cold and luckily the hotel provides electric heaters but for a price. Make sure you get one for $3 and not $5!
Address: 42 Cau May st
More Reviews (29)
- See All Giang Tachai
- See All Wonderful food on our trek
- See All Hill-tribes: Zay
- Cat Cat Clinic
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Sapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annd Now For Something Completey DIFFERENT :o]"
- "Sapa 7/3/08 to 10/3/08"
- "Sa Pa - Insight into Ethnic Minorities of Vietnam"
- "Sapa, all the world's a stage..."
- "Watching clouds rolling by in Sapa"
- "Trekking in Sapa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sapa
- Hotels in Sapa
- Transportation in Sapa
- Nightlife in Sapa
- Restaurants in Sapa
- Shopping in Sapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sapa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sapa
- 31 Reviews
- 199 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Sapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sapa
Photos in SapaSee All Photos (199)
Read real reviews about Sapa Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues