Gallipoli Transportation Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination
Gallipoli Transportation: 6 reviews and 5 photos
If you're arriving on the Gallipoli peninsula from Canakkale, then you have two ferry options: one that arrives at the small town of Eceabat and other that arrives at Kilitbahir where the old fortress is located. There's also a third ferry that runs between Gelibolu (Gallipoli town) and Lapseki.
The Canakkale-Eceabat ferry runs every hour on the hour from 7am-1am and then 3am & 5pm (with sailings every 30 minutes during the busy summer period). I took my hire car across and it cost TL23.
The Canakkale-Kilitbahir ferry runs at 7am, 8am, 8.30am, 9.15am (and at 15 mins past the hour until 6.15pm), then 6.45pm, and then every hour on the hour between 7pm & midnight. There are also extra sailings in the summer at 45 mins past every hour between 9.45am and 5.45pm.
The Gelibolu-Lapseki ferry runs every hour on the hour, 24hrs a day.
The best way to get around all the memorials, museums and cemeteries is by car. I had my own car hire which I hired in Istanbul and I came to the Gallipoli peninsula from Edirne near the Bulgarian border. I stopped off at Gelibolu (Gallipoli town), about 40km north of Eceabat, before spending the night in Eceabat and then exploring the peninsula the following day. It's a nice drive that was even more nicer as it was early January and I virtually had everything to myself. As it was, I gave two American guys a lift around the battlefields and cemeteries of the northern peninsula after meeting them in the Kabatepe Information Centre & Museum. I managed to see everything in both the north and south of the peninsula in a day as well as the Kilitbahir Fortress.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (36)
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Gallipoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HISTORIC NATIONAL PARK ON GELIBOLU PENINSULA"
- "The Gallipoli Peninsula"
- "Gelibolu Yarimadasi - Gallipoli Peninsula"
- "A Pilgrimage for any Antipodean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gallipoli
- Hotels in Gallipoli
- Transportation in Gallipoli
- Warnings and Dangers in Gallipoli
- See All...
Explore the World
- El Sargento Hotels
- Nedvedice Hotels
- Mississippi Hotels
- Whatstandwell Bridge Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gallipoli
- 38 Reviews
- 196 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Gallipoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gallipoli
Photos in GallipoliSee All Photos (196)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues