"Dunmore Town on Harbour Island" Dunmore Town by Willettsworld
Dunmore Town Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 32 photos
Dunmore Town lies on Harbour Island which is 2 miles off the mainland of Eleuthera and 60 miles east of Nassau. The town is named after Lord Dunmore who was Governor between 1786-1797 and is the only settlement on Harbour Island.
The town features beautiful quaint colonial cottages along the towns harbour called Bay St and the oldest church in the Bahamas dating from 1768. The pace of life is very laid back with cars being out numbered by electric golf carts which are available to hire. But the most famous thing about Harbour Island is it's 3 mile long pink sand beach which runs down the entire eastern side of the island. The pink sand really has to be seen to be believed.
Both Dunmore Town and Harbour Island are easy to get to from Nassau on the daily fast ferry service which makes them an ideal day trip.
- Pros:Beautiful pink sand beaches, relaxation, colonial cottages, ideal day trip from Nassau
- Cons:The fast ferry is a little expensive
There's a daily ferry service that leaves Nassau for Harbour Island and stops in Spanish Wells on the way. There's only... more travel advice
I think there's 2 schools in Dunmore Town. This small charming school in Bay St is the primary school and there's a... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Dunmore Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dunmore Town on Harbour Island"
- "Greg_V's new Dunmore Town Page"
- "Travel to Dunmore town in Bahamas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dunmore Town
- Hotels in Dunmore Town
- Transportation in Dunmore Town
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Dunmore Town
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Dunmore Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunmore Town
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues