Nassau Off The Beaten Path Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination
Nassau Off The Beaten Path: 34 reviews and 40 photos
Pink Sands Beach
Dunmore Town lies on Harbour Island which is 2 miles off the mainland of Eleuthera and 60 miles east of Nassau. The town is named after Lord Dunmore who was Governor between 1786-1797 and is the only settlement on Harbour Island.
The town features beautiful quaint colonial cottages along the towns harbour called Bay St and the oldest church in the Bahamas dating from 1768. The pace of life is very laid back with cars being out numbered by electric golf carts which are available to hire. But the most famous thing about Harbour Island is it's 3 mile long pink sand beach which runs down the entire eastern side of the island. The pink sand really has to be seen to be believed.
Both Dunmore Town and Harbour Island are easy to get to from Nassau on the daily fast ferry service which makes them an ideal day trip. The ferry leaves Potter's Cay underneath the Paradise Island entrance brdige. See my Dunmore Town page below for my info.
More Reviews (28)
- See All Bay Street
- Crystal Palace Casino
- See All Indian near W Bay St
- Nassau Beach
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Nassau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nassau - Capital of the Bahamas"
- "Islands in the sea"
- "Happiness is Quite O-Cay"
- "My Wonderful trip to Nassau"
- "Pics from diving the reef"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nassau
- Hotels in Nassau
- Transportation in Nassau
- Nightlife in Nassau
- Restaurants in Nassau
- Shopping in Nassau
- Warnings and Dangers in Nassau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nassau
- 29 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Nassau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nassau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlantis at Paradise Island- 15 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Fort & Water Tower- 31 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Straw Market- 12 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Pirate Museum- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Paradise Island- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Queen's Staircase- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Blue Lagoon Island- 9 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Parliament Square- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Ardastra Gardens- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Cable Beach- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
See All Nassau Things to Do