Chiang Mai Local Custom Tips by Willettsworld
Chiang Mai Local Customs: 73 reviews and 96 photos
This flower market is located along the western bank of the Ping River, to the north of Nawarat Bridge. Here you can see stalls and shops selling the offering garlands that people take to temples plus ones that they hang in their cars.
This is a fantastic fruit and vegetable market to wander around in that's located in the north-east corner of the city walls. You can witness everyday Thai life going on here plus also see several farang doing their daily shopping as well.
When I visited this temple, which is located about 1km west of the city walls, a small group of musicians started playing traditional Thai instruments inside the main viharn. This was great to see and hear and I sat opposite them and took some video of them which you can find on my Chiang Mai page.
More Reviews (55)
- See All Long-necked village
- See All Chok Chai Elephant Camp
- See All Arcade Bus station
- See All Local craft from hilltribes
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 58 Reviews
- 270 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (98)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
- updated a Chiang Mai Travel Page "Chiang Mai - Thailand's second most-visited city"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Videos have disappeared"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wat Bupparam"
- Wrote a Review Long-necked village about The Karen Long Neck Hilltribe Settlement in Chiang Mai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Chiang Mai
Photos in Chiang MaiSee All Photos (270)
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues
- The Karen Long Neck Hilltribe Settlement- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Buddhist Temple- 64 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Jungle Trek- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Massages- 27 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 59 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Cooking School- 35 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Wat Chedi Luang - Buddhist Temple- 31 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Bo Sang Umbrella Village- 8 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Zoo- 13 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Excursions- 62 Reviews, 149 Photos
See All Chiang Mai Things to Do