P'yongyang Restaurant Tips by Willettsworld Top 5 Page for this destination
P'yongyang Restaurants: 10 reviews and 12 photos
After we had visited Kim Il Sung's birth place at Mangyongdae, we had an outside barbeque picnic lunch at a place called Ryonggak Mountain. Again the food was excellent and a food way to cook and eat. We had, what we hoped were, beef and duck on skewers which we cooked on a small grill on the table, salad, bread and more bottles of beer.
We came here on our last evening in North Korea and the food was top rate. It was a duck barbeque restaurant where you cooked the food yourselves at your table and was good fun. Included were bottles of beer and even some rice wine.
This was lunch on our first full day in Pyongyang in a restaurant opposite some embassies, including Romania and Iran, on a street called Sariwon Street in the east of the city. Don't ask me what the restaurant was called but the food was great. You cooked it yourself in a small pot in front of you which was good fun.
We ate a couple of times in two of the Yanggakdo Hotels restaurants. The first night of the tour we ate at the No.2 restaurant and had soup/bread, beef burger, salad and beer served to us by girls wearing traditional Korean dresses. We also had breakfast every morning which consisted of toast, eggs, coffee and yoghurt. The food was fairly good but not as good as other restaurants that we went out to in the city.
More Reviews (85)
- See All Mangyongdae
- See All Pyongyang to Beijing train
- See All Mini-golf at the Yanggakdo Hotel
- See All TV's, lap-tops, beds & furniture - want...
Willettsworld's Related Pages
P'yongyang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pyongyang - Kim Il Sung's blank canvas"
- "The capital of North Korea"
- "Last bastion of communism"
- "Capital of the Forbidden Land"
- "The Eternal President"
- "Capital of the Hermit Kingdom"
- "Kim Il-Sung's Artwork: P'yongyang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in P'yongyang
- Hotels in P'yongyang
- Transportation in P'yongyang
- Nightlife in P'yongyang
- Restaurants in P'yongyang
- Shopping in P'yongyang
- Warnings and Dangers in P'yongyang
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint-Servan-sur-Mer Hotels
- Oak Bluffs Hotels
- Malibu Creek State Park Hotels
- Almere-Buiten Hotels
- Phu Quoc
- Quezon City
Badges & Stats in P'yongyang
- 89 Reviews
- 373 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to P'yongyang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in P'yongyang
Photos in P'yongyangSee All Photos (373)
Videos in P'yongyangSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest P'yongyang hotel reviews
- Yanggakdo Hotel
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013