Allahabad Transportation Tips by Willettsworld
Allahabad Transportation: 2 reviews and 7 photos
This is the main city train station. I arrived here on a very slow train from Lucknow. The journey took 6 hours to do just the 200km (120 miles) not helped by stopping at 2 stations for half-an-hour at each, the last one just 10km away from Allahabad itself. As with all stations in India, there's a lot of people moving around and also standing in the queues waiting to be served for reserving onward trains. At the booking office on the northern side I was told to stand at a counter where the only English word was "SUPERVISOR". I got served within 5 minutes of waiting, which was good! I took an early morning train out of Allahabad to Varanasi (No.2562) which took about 3 hours. I eventually found the train after being told it was on platform 8 and assumed it was over the bridge but the platforms only went up to number 7! I then enquired again and was told that it was at the end of platform 1 - makes sense!
More Reviews (20)
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Allahabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kumbh Mela 2013"
- "Allahabad - Home of the sacred Sangam"
- "Prayag --- Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswathi meet here!"
- "Where Rivers meet"
- "Pictures of Allahabad"
- "The land of confluence of three rivers"
- "Sangam, Allahabad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Allahabad
- Hotels in Allahabad
- Transportation in Allahabad
- Restaurants in Allahabad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Firopotamos Hotels
- Lake Huron Hotels
- Cashmere Hills Hotels
- Talimena State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Allahabad
- 21 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Allahabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Allahabad
Photos in AllahabadSee All Photos (88)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues