"Quilon/Kollam & The Backwaters" Quilon by Willettsworld
Quilon Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 154 photos
Kollam, known to the Portuguese as Quilon, is located in southern Kerala, 71km (43 miles) north of the state capital Trivandrum. I came here from Alappuzha (Alleppey) on a Backwaters Tour which is probably the main reason for coming here as there is little to see in the town itself. In fact, I only stayed here for a night and then walked around the town the following morning before taking a train the short distance to Varkala.
This clock tower, erected in 1944, is located in between the Mukkada Bazaar and train station. more travel advice
This colourful market is just to the west of the Mukkada Bazaar and features shops with nicely organised and colourful... more travel advice
Willettsworld's Related Pages
Quilon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Backwaters- life can be so simple and nice"
- "Quilon/Kollam & The Backwaters"
- "Welcome to Kollam \ Quilon and Enjoy the Cashew"
- "Pictures of Quilon"
- "My Backwaters Experience Started Here..."
- "Kollom (Quilon) - Kerala"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quilon
- 15 Reviews
- 79 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to Quilon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quilon
Photos in QuilonSee All Photos (79)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Intro, 163 reviews, 623 photos, 10 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 136 reviews, 545 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 99 reviews, 416 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 108 reviews, 371 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 100 reviews, 376 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination P'yongyang Intro, 89 reviews, 373 photos, 7 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 81 reviews, 373 photos, 10 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 87 reviews, 359 photos, 10 travelogues
- Udaipur Intro, 97 reviews, 335 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Intro, 103 reviews, 327 photos, 5 travelogues