"jodhpur :Glorious Marwar" Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur by umashanker

Jodhpur Travel Guide: 387 reviews and 1,154 photos

First view of Mehrangarh

I had to visit Jodhpur in the first week of January with my wife and son to attend a marrige ceremony in my relation.I reach my relative's house and found the house full of relatives& friends i thought it prudent to go to terrace and have view of the place around.Very soon my son came up with two french girls who were tourist and wish to have some pictures from the roof top.They were very curious tourists and took many pics from this roof as Mehrangarh Fort looks very beautifull from here.I decided to visit this fort next morning with my 8 years old son Ishaan.

• Pros:Beutifull fort and palace, special marwar food, dance &music
  • Cons:too hot in after noon
  • In a nutshell:A must visit for dance,food and munument lover
  • Last visit to Jodhpur: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 3, 2006

• jethanand's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Thank you very much for postings on Jodhpur - I found them very interesting

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2008 at 12:57 PM

The Mandore garden looks beautiful, Uma. I’ll probably be in Jodhpur soon and take time to visit this. And the MeranGahr Fort, of course (is the light better evenings or mornings?) Thanks for this nice tour and tips. Cheers from Europe.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 4:11 AM

MehranGarh Fort looks like a majestic place where one can even learn a little magic perhaps? ;-)

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2006 at 3:09 AM

Thanks for your comment on my Mandawa page. :) I like your Jodhpur page with a lot of interesting and helpful information. By the way, I also find your wife beautiful and your son lovely!

• brendazart's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 6:32 PM

That is VERY interesting about the language in Jodhpur. Thanks for telling us about it. And the photos of your wife and son are wonderful. Rita is lovely!

• ellsasha's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2006 at 5:00 PM

Another very interesting page. I'm looking forward more than ever after reading your narratives and seeing your photos to my visit to Jodhpur.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Most interesting tips. I would love to hear the music and see the dancing!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 11:12 PM

What a wonderful trip through Jodhpur via your lovely tips and pix Uma :o) Lovely buildings! Your son indead took a great pic! Love the family tips too, especially the fun park :o) Cheers, Ann :o)

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 12:23 PM

Great, informative page! Cant wait to visit this place, soon!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 5:27 PM

Nemaste Uma - excellent tips and photos! - Back again for more detail. Hard getting old - I didn't remember I had been here until I was halfway thru :)

umashanker

“walk alone”

Badges & Stats in Jodhpur

Have you been to Jodhpur?

Latest Activity in Jodhpur