" Welcome to my Home Page " umashanker's Profile

I live in Delhi with my wife and son. I have travelled almost all parts of India. I grwon up under the shadow of late Grand father who himself was very well traveled but he used to say, " Travel if you must". infect his time was that India had less means of transportation and journey was often troublesome. Still after 60 years of independence we have huge railway, Inter state buses, private airlines, almost all big and small towns have hotels & guest houses but still travel is not so easy all the time and at all the places of India. I have traveled mostly due to obligation of work or visiting relations as part of social compulsion but travel for travel sake is new thing that I have cultivated in myself after joining VT. VT is a wonderful web site to share your travel expereicnes and knowing for others. Thanks VT.

VT meet in Delhi

We recently had a VT meet in Delhi on 18th december 2006.It was in the honor of visiting VT member Mahieu
(Els) and Jean-Michel from Belgium who after travelling Rajasthan hand over the famousBaton_East to VT member The_Heart_Of_Worship (Ali).
So you must know that Baton_East took a long step and is in Delhi now.Any VT member who is suppose to travel east wards can enjoy the previelge to bring the baton further East.

• Intro Updated Sep 11, 2008

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Belated happy birthday Uma!

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Happy Birthday, Uma. Hope you had a great day, sir.

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Happy birthday, Uma! Long time no communication between us. How are you? what's new? Active in CS? aVI

• brendazart's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Happy belated birthday, Uma! It's been a long time, but I still think of you and your family often. Will NEVER forget your kind hospitality. Wishing you the BEST year ever! (haven't been on VT for years)

• FruitLover's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Belated Birthday greetings from Jerusalem, uma! Avi

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Have a great birthday, Uma my friend and travel brother. :)

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2012 at 5:57 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish your days full of joys and happiness. Keep travelling and more VT sharing. Cheers.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Hi Uma - Wishing you and your family a very Happy Diwali!

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Happy Birthday my friend. I hope you have a special day. I still talk often with friends about our wonderful stay in your country.

• Mozumbus's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Namaste Uma Shankar :) hope you are having a good time. it is a pleasant surprise to see you at VT :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!