" Welcome to my Home Page " umashanker's Profile
I live in Delhi with my wife and son. I have travelled almost all parts of India. I grwon up under the shadow of late Grand father who himself was very well traveled but he used to say, " Travel if you must". infect his time was that India had less means of transportation and journey was often troublesome. Still after 60 years of independence we have huge railway, Inter state buses, private airlines, almost all big and small towns have hotels & guest houses but still travel is not so easy all the time and at all the places of India. I have traveled mostly due to obligation of work or visiting relations as part of social compulsion but travel for travel sake is new thing that I have cultivated in myself after joining VT. VT is a wonderful web site to share your travel expereicnes and knowing for others. Thanks VT.
We recently had a VT meet in Delhi on 18th december 2006.It was in the honor of visiting VT member Mahieu
(Els) and Jean-Michel from Belgium who after travelling Rajasthan hand over the famousBaton_East to VT member The_Heart_Of_Worship (Ali).
So you must know that Baton_East took a long step and is in Delhi now.Any VT member who is suppose to travel east wards can enjoy the previelge to bring the baton further East.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 45 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- umashanker and Hmmmm are now friends.
- Commented on 850prc's profile page
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Bus from Khajuraho to Jhansi"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pink City:Jaipur"
- created a Jaipur Travel Page "Pink City:Jaipur"
- Wrote a Review Jalmehal from road about Jai Mahal - lake palace in Jaipur Things to Do
updated their Profile Page " Welcome to my Home Page "
PhotosSee All Photos (101)
Top 5 Pages
- Goa Intro, 9 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jodhpur Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- State of Assam Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khajuraho Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaipur Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos