"FUJIEDA" Fujieda by cheesecake17
Fujieda Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 183 photos
In my quest to see all 53 STATIONS of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is number 23..
In the east, there was Tanaka castle, only one round-shaped castle in Japan, and it was called "kame-jo" (turtle castle).
Tokugawa Ieyasu, an establisher of the Edo shogunate, died at the castle when he ate tempura fish (deep fried fish)--it is also said that he was already sick.so no one actually killed him..:-)
The wholesale store is a relay station where tired carries and horses are replaced by fresh ones, and loads are forwarded to the next destination..
Some men are loading and unloading forses while others are wiping their perspiring brows or resting..
One man talks to a local goverment official who is holding a ledger..
The realistic and detailed portrayal of various people reproduces the atmosphere of hustle and bustle of a relay station.
This festival is celebrated every 3 years...Its a combination of about 12 region of fujieda city each with their own... more travel advice
End of April to the beginning of May, there is the festival of Fuji Matsuri (Wisteria Festival) in RENGEJI IKE PARK... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Fujieda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Fujieda
- Transportation in Fujieda
- Nightlife in Fujieda
- Restaurants in Fujieda
- Shopping in Fujieda
- Warnings and Dangers in Fujieda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fujieda
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Fujieda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fujieda
Photos in FujiedaSee All Photos (34)
Videos in FujiedaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue