"FUKUROI" Fukuroi by cheesecake17
Fukuroi Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 154 photos
Climate is typical of other Pacific coastlines, having mild temperatures and heavy rainfall.
Summer, there are many rainy days due to the high temperature and humidity levels brought on by winds from the south.
Winter, seasonal winds from the west bring clear weather with low temperatures and dry air. The cold wind called "Enshu Karakkaze", characteristic of this region, blows during the winter months making it feel colder than it actual temperature.
This region also has one of the longest durations of sunshine in the country, and with an average annual temperature of about 17 degrees Celsius, offers a comfortable environment throughout the year.
In my quest to cover all 53 post of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD
this is number 28
Kasuisai temple, it literally means "may sleep". there is a story related to Tokugawa Ieyasu. 11th chief priest of the temple once helped Tokugawa Ieyasu (establisher of the Tokugawa shogunate) who was a hostage of Imagawa at that time. Ieyasu invited the priest to his Hamamatsu castle to express his appreciation. However, the prist began sleeping while talking with Ieyasu. Looking at the priest sleeping peacefully and innocently, Ieyasu was pleased, and said "nemuru yoshi" (you may sleep). After the incident, the temple was renamed to "kasuisai (may sleep)".
Distance from Nihonbashi: 230.4 km
One of the palaquin bearers lights his pipe from the fire while the other is dozing in the palaquin..
The composition of this work is interesting in that most of the objects in the picture are pushed to the left side but a good balance is maintained by directing the glance of a man resting on a bench to a swallow perched stop a high wooden notice-board at the right...
Take a close look at the top where you see some black and white labels , these are SENJYA FUDA or pilgrim name labels... more travel advice
These dango which are very famous for this temple are called "BAD LUCK REMOVING DANGO"...after you walk down the path... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Fukuroi Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fukuroi
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Fukuroi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fukuroi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue