"HAMAMATSU..the city of music" Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu by cheesecake17
Hamamatsu Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 247 photos
Its most famous attractions include Hamamatsu Castle, the Flower Park, and the Kanzanji Hot Springs by Lake Hamana.
This site offer free guides to Hamamatsu Volunteer Tourist Guide (click)
Hamamatsu is a station on the Tokaido Shinkansen and Tokaido Main Line. This station is served by a small selection of Hikariservices and all passing Kodama services.
Tokyo - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Hikari"): 1 hr. 30 min.
Tokyo - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Kodama"): 2 hrs.
From Osaka / Nagoya
Shin-Osaka - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Hikari"): 1 hr. 30 min.
Shin-Osaka - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Kodama"): 2 hrs.
Nagoya - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Hikari"): 35 min.
Nagoya - Hamamatsu (by super-express Tokaido Shinkansen "Kodama"): 50 min.
Tomei Kosokudoro Atsugi IC - Hamamatsu IC
Osaka - Nagoya via Meishin Kosokudoro, Nagoya - Hamamatsu IC via Tomei Kosokudoro
In my quest to see all 53 STATIONS of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is number 30
Hamamatsu is also well known for Hamamatsu castle where Tokugawa Ieyasu lived for 17 years (from late 20s through 40s).
It is said that Ieyas had a very hard time during his stay in Hamamatsu, compare to his Fuchu years.
He lost a big war called "mikatagahara no kassen (mikatappara no kassen)" or Mikatagahara war against Takeda Shingen, a great warrior during the civil war.
Also, he had to kill his wife and a child due to the order by Oda nobunaga, one of the most well known warrior in Japanese history.
The current castle was built in 1958.
Distance from Nihonbashi: 252.7 km
Bare, flat rice-fields, across which stand the castle and village in the background.
This plate depicts a wintry rural scene on the outskirts of Hamamatsu Station.
The village and Hamamatsu Castle are visible in the distance.
Grilled unagi is a delicacy in Japan.Unagi or eel has been consumed in Japan since the 17th century. It is rich in... more travel advice
Hamamatsu was the first city in Japan to make PIANOS...This museum was planned as the 1st MUNICIPAL MUSEUM OF MUSICAL... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Hamamatsu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HAMAMATSU..the city of music"
- "Welcome to my home-town Hamamatsu city!"
- "Touring Hamamatsu and its Suburbs"
- "Hamamatsu - Typical Japan"
- "Hamamatsu, Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamamatsu
- Hotels in Hamamatsu
- Transportation in Hamamatsu
- Nightlife in Hamamatsu
- Restaurants in Hamamatsu
- Shopping in Hamamatsu
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamamatsu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamamatsu
- 24 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Hamamatsu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamamatsu
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Cherry Blossoms"
- Uploaded a Video to Hamamatsu
- updated a Hamamatsu Travelogue "HAMAMATSU INTERNATIONAL MOSAICULTURE EXPO2009"
- Uploaded a Photo to "HAMAMATSU INTERNATIONAL MOSAICULTURE EXPO2009"
- Wrote a Review hamamatsu flower park in Hamamatsu Things to Do
- Commented on one of nataliegoestojapan's Hamamatsu travel pages
Photos in HamamatsuSee All Photos (47)
Videos in HamamatsuSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue