"KAKEGAWA" Kakegawa by cheesecake17
Kakegawa Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 94 photos
......The 3 castle in the region are important elements of the TOKAIDO which was a base for battle during the Warring state period.. Lots of history and culture surround Kakegawa which grew both as a castle town and a way station...
KAZUTOYO, CHIYO and KAKEGAWA will be subject to much attention this year (2006)....
KOMYO GO TSUJI has been made into a TV drama....This story is a thrilling success story about YAMAUCHI and his wife,Chiyo...who climb up from nothing during the Warring states period....Kakegawa were the heroes spend approx 10 years before being promoted to KOCHI, is the settnig for the drama....Its on every sunday on channel 9 at 8pm..this whole year....
In my quest to cover all 53 post of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is number 27
Kakegawa castle is well known as a castle of Yamanouchi Kazutoyo's success in life.
Kazutoyo had worked for Toyotomi Hideyoshi for years but changed his master to Tokugawa Ieyasu after the Hideyoshi's death.
Just before the Sekigahara war between Ishida (Toyotomi) and Tokugawa groups in 1600, Kazutoyo got a secret letter from his wife which described signs of trouble among Ishida (Toyotomi) group.
Kazutoyo presented the letter to Ieyasu and even gave his own castle to Ieyasu to show his loyalty to Ieyasu.
Although Kazutoyo did not work well in the Sekigahara war, he got a huge land in Tosa with 240 thousand koku stipend (1-koku equals 5.12 bushels).
Distance from Nihonbashi: 220.9 km
Peasants transplanting rice in the flooded fields, and in the distance Mount Akiba rising above the mists.
A shrine standing on the top of a mountain near this station attracted worshippers from all over Japan who came to pray for protection against the calamity of fire.
An old couple of travellers are struggling against a strong wind as they toil to cross the arched bridge. A naughty boy is following them with a mocking gesture.
Many of the restroom area in Historical sites, has there door mark with kanji letters....unless you wish to find out... more travel advice
Tea is sold here......The state of shizuoka is famous for growing green tea and is the best in Japan.. There are many... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Kakegawa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Touring Kakegawa"
- "My Kakegawa"
- "Kakegawa, Japan"
- "Moved to Kakegawa"
- "The bourg which has a great castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kakegawa
- Hotels in Kakegawa
- Transportation in Kakegawa
- Nightlife in Kakegawa
- Shopping in Kakegawa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kakegawa
- 19 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kakegawa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kakegawa
Photos in KakegawaSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue