"kanaya" Kanaya by cheesecake17
Kanaya Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 69 photos
In my quest to see all 53 STATION of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is station number 25...
He stole money and expensive ornaments only from rich people. Nihon-zaemon was tall & nice looking, and it is said that he was always wearing very fashonable cloths when he did his "job".
After Taisee hokan, or the Restoration of the Imperial Rule in 1868 , there were so many samurai who supported the last shogun, Tokugawa Yoshinobu.
However, their lords returned their lands to the Meiji government and thus, they lost their jobs and had to spend miserable lives.
The government took measures for the relief of the previous samurai: reclaiming a huge virgin land to plant tea.
It was not an easy job at all, but their efforts were rewarded; the land became the biggest tea field with the size of 5,000 hectare in Japan.
Distance from Nihonbashi: 207.3 km
In the background a high range of curiously hump-shaped mountains, printed in graded black from colour-blocks only; golden sky at the top.
A panoramic view of the landscape accentuates the expansive flat plain of the dry river bed. A variety of travellers attempt to wade across the river with the help of porters.
After you get to the top, walk another 10 minutes on the regular road and you will reach the next part of the TOKAIDO... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Kanaya Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kanaya
- Transportation in Kanaya
- Shopping in Kanaya
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanaya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanaya
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kanaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanaya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue