"MAISAKA" Maisaka by cheesecake17
Maisaka Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
Its located by the 7 eleven....
However, a very big earthquake occured around 1500, and it resulted in a big break between the ocean and the Hamana-ko and the lake became a saltwater lake.
Because of the break, people were not able to go to the next station, Arai without a boat, and it is said that people enjoyed chatting with other passengers on the boat as you can guess from Santo Kyoden's "Tokaidochu Hizakurige".
Maisaka is famous for its fishing industry. People in Maisaka started raising eels in the Meiji era (1868-1912) and the industry grew rapidly.
Distance from Nihonbashi: 263.8 km
MAISAKA......True Scene of imagire...
Travelers on the TOKAIDO HIGHWAY crossed the lake by boat..
In the foreground, along the distance several small boats are busily fishing....
On the distance horizon there are 2 sailboats...This print depicts the great expanse of the sea..
Pine trees were planted along the Old Tokaido by the Edo government. A nearly-700m-long row of 340 pine trees is one... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Maisaka Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Maisaka
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Maisaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maisaka
Photos in MaisakaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue