"MISHIMA in spring" Mishima by cheesecake17
Mishima Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 98 photos
12th STATION on the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD
Two-thirds of the city is hilly, with the most prominent feature Mount Fuji.
Mishima is on the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) rail network, less than an hour from Tokyo.
Local products include: white radish, Chinese cabbage, and potatoes. Mishima is famous for its spring water, which comes from the snow of Mt Fuji.
From 1399-1568 the power of the shogun declined, and their eventual defeat lead to 300 hundred years of peace and relative isolation. In 1941, Mishima was incorporated as a city.
To Mishima from TOKYO ....JR Tokaido Shinkansen Kodama and some Hikari .....43min - 1hr 5 minutes
JR Tokaido Line (local train) 2 hrs 4min-2hrs 25min
To Mishima from KYOTO... JR Tokaido Shinkansen Kodama and some Hikari....... 2hrs 11min - 3 hours
Nishi-Yaizu to Mishima(march31,2007) regular train JR tokaido line, 1 1/2 hours..1260yen
Mishima shuku has been famous for Mishima Taisha or Mishima shrine
In old days, there were lots of visitors to the shrine and Mishima inns were very busy.
Distance from Nihonbashi: 112.4 km
MISHIMA by Hiroshige
Travelers leave early in the cold morning from the front of the torii gate...A traveler riding in a palanquin and a man on horseback in the center are delineated minutely in fine detail while the torii and the stone lantern, groves , houses and a pilgrim with a staff in the background are painted in silhouette by using the gradation technique unique to woodblock printing...so things are shown in various densities of shading according to distance...
1 - 1 of 1
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Mishima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Water in Fujis Shadow"
- "Mishima, Yamanaka castle, Susono and Kannami"
- "MISHIMA in spring"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mishima
- Transportation in Mishima
- Nightlife in Mishima
- Warnings and Dangers in Mishima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mishima
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Mishima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mishima
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue