"Okabe" Okabe by cheesecake17
Okabe Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 250 photos
In my quest to see all 53 STATION of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD this is number 22
Before entering the district, the Tokaido highway is merged to the famous ancient road, "tsuta no hosomichi", which literally means "narrow road of ivy".
Tsuta no hosomichi has a close connection with Ariwara-no-Narihira (825-880), who is recognized as one of the six great poets in the Heian period (794-1192).
Ever since he wrote a poem on this road, Tsuta-no-hosomichi became popular and has been used for poems and travel notes for years.
Distance from Nihonbashi: 188 km
The road here was enclosed on both sides by steep hills covered with dense forest and thick climbing ivy vines.
This was considered one of the most fearsome stretches of the highway.
I really dont care for the dish, its way to slimey for me..;)....after said that..Tororo (grated yam) is blended with... more travel advice
Seiganji is not only famous becasue of Minatomo no Yorimoto but also for GREEN FROGS..or also called ..the... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Okabe Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Okabe
- Hotels in Okabe
- Transportation in Okabe
- Restaurants in Okabe
- Shopping in Okabe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okabe
- 31 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Okabe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okabe
Photos in OkabeSee All Photos (90)
Videos in OkabeSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue