"OKITSU" Okitsu by cheesecake17
Okitsu Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 83 photos
In my quest to cover all 53 STATION of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is number 18.
The water level is not that high, and travelers were able to cross the river free of charge from October through March; however, they had to pay the crossing fee to laborers regardless of the water level from April through September.
In Okitsu, there is a famous temple, Seiken-ji, where it is said that Tokugawa Ieyasu studied when he was a hostage of Imagawa. The temple has a long history and there are many worthseeing rooms and objects.
There used to be many summer houses of VIPs in the government, such as Inoue Kaoru from the Meiji era (1868-1912) through early Showa era (1926-1989).
Distance from Nihonbashi: 160 km
Found in front of many temples. When you say your wish while turning the wheel downward, a wish for the afterlife will... more travel advice
The site has the main building, big study room, reception room, library and bell room, overlooking Suruga Bay. Every... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Okitsu Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Okitsu
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Okitsu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okitsu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue