"TAKAYAMA THE CITY OF THE BEST 3 MATSURI IN JAPAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Takayama by cheesecake17
Takayama Travel Guide: 182 reviews and 672 photos
The place is small enough to get acquainted with without too much guidance. Some of the best discoveries are made by simply getting lost ..
The old town of Takayama was governed by a samurai family for over 300years. It was, and still is, home to local traders and lots and lots of sake breweries.
Wandering around these narrow streets for a while you start to feel you have been taking back in time.
Around this district, museums are huddled together and set between ordinary traditional houses.
Takayama is among the best 3 Matsuri in japan...
They hold 2 a year....One in the SPRING.. april 14 and 15..
and the other in the AUTUMN...October 9 and 10...
There are a few things around to look for...
-The gallery of traditional toys dating back to the 17th century .
-from Shiroyama Park, you can see marvellous views of the Japanese Alps. This is one of those places that makes you wish you'd brought a picnic .
-The Takayama Jinja which is a Historic local government building, I miss this one, good reason to come back..
Take the JR Tokaido Shinkansen from Tokyo to Nagoya its about 100-120 minutes and there are several train / hour..
THEN transfer to the Hida limited express train to Takayama with another 140 minutes there is 1 train / hour.
The one way fare by unreserved seat is 13,540 Yen.
By reserved seat it is about 14,200 Yen.
- Pros:The best MATSURI in the country
- In a nutshell:its a beautiful little picturesque town
The Takayama Festival, hold 2 festival one in the spring (April 14 and 15) and the other in the fall (October 9 and... more travel advice
The best way to see Takayama SANMACHI SUJI is walking, you get the feel of the area and is really not a bad... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Takayama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming mountain town"
- "Historic Castle Town of Takayama"
- "TAKAYAMA - traditional village in the clouds"
- "Taking it slow in Takayama"
- "TAKAYAMA THE CITY OF THE BEST 3 MATSURI IN JAPAN"
- " Takayama "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Takayama
- Hotels in Takayama
- Transportation in Takayama
- Nightlife in Takayama
- Restaurants in Takayama
- Shopping in Takayama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Takayama
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Takayama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Takayama
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Cherry Blossoms"
- Commented on one of Pixiekatten's Takayama travel pages
- Wrote a Review ..... in Takayama Things to Do
- updated a Takayama Travel Page "TAKAYAMA THE CITY OF THE BEST 3 MATSURI IN JAPAN"
- Uploaded a Photo to "TAKAYAMA THE CITY OF THE BEST 3 MATSURI IN JAPAN"
Photos in TakayamaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue