Yaizu Shopping Tips by cheesecake17
Yaizu Shopping: 4 reviews and 5 photos
jusco department store
Pretty convenient shopping all in one place.....
Shops & Stores - generally open on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays as well as weekdays.
Many smaller specialty shops are closed on weekends, national holidays and over traditional Japanese holiday seasons.
Department Stores - usually open on weekends and national holidays. Each store closes one weekday each week, usually tuesday or wednesday...
Hours are usually from 10-8pm, but large shopping mall like this one will open from 9am to 11pm..
Theme: Department Store
Yaizu port in particular is renowned as a fishing port bringing in the largest catch of bonito in Japan.The production of dried bonito in Shizuoka is No. 2 in Japan after Kagoshima prefecture.
What to buy: KATSUOBUSHI, flakes are used for the base for making miso soup...
Theme: Food and Drink
It can be eaten as a ingredient in a miso soup, oden, or soup. It can also be fried and broiled.
In Shizuoka perfecture, whole sardines are used and resulting products come out with bluish gray color and this is called Kuro Hanpen, lit. black hanpen
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (61)
- See All Red & Black!!
- See All .....
- See All Few interesting I have learned while...
- See All OKONOMIYAKI
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Yaizu Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Yaizu
- Hotels in Yaizu
- Restaurants in Yaizu
- Shopping in Yaizu
- Warnings and Dangers in Yaizu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yaizu
- 64 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Yaizu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yaizu
Videos in YaizuSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Yaizu hotel reviews
- Yaizu Central Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion