"YUI" Yui by cheesecake17
Yui Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 43 photos
Since the sakura shrimp living in the deep sea of the Suruga Gulf were first harvested in December of 1894, they have become a specialty product of this area .
The shrimp is harvested during the spring and fall according to the consensus of the fishermen for protection of the resources.
The harvested shrimp are set out to dry in the sun on the flood plains of the Fuji River first thing in the morning.
In my quest to see all 53 STATIONS of the OLD TOKAIDO ROAD, this is number 17..
There were 3 routes in the Satta pass in Yui: the lower route, middle route, and upper route. The lower route was the hardest to pass through, and the other two routes were made later..
Distance from Nihonbashi: 150.9 km
The top of this pass commands a spectacular view, the expanse of SURUGA BAY below the cliff, the irregular shapes of weather beaten pines tree and beautiful Mount Fuji rising in the center..
The compositions and coloring are great...Leading a humorous touch is a traveler who fearfully looks down at the sea far below shading his eyes with a hand"
- Pros:Yui-cho has many historic sites....
- In a nutshell:.Time travel to EDO era
On the TOKAIDO highway starting from EDO (old name for TOKYO) and reaching KYOTO, post towns were established at an... more travel advice
The pass at the foot of the mountain elongating into Suruga Bay, at the boundary between Yui Town and Shimizu City.... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Yui Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Yui
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Yui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yui
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue