"FORT collins" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Collins by cheesecake17
Fort Collins Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 285 photos
Old Town Historic District, on a quaint pedestrian walkway, is perfect for gallery hopping and sipping coffee in restored 1880s Victorian properties. A 16-building historic tour is available, too.
Fort Collins, with an average of 300 days of sunshine per year, low humidity, and moderate winters, enjoys a mild climate year-round.
The area receives approximately 18 inches of rain and 55 inches of snow per year. The average high temperature during the summer months is 85 degrees. In the winter months, it is 42 degrees.
Fort Collins began as an army camp along the banks of the Poudre River. In 1867, the camp was dismantled, and the army moved out of the area. Although the military was gone, a settlement remained.
In 1873, the city of Fort Collins was founded.
Over the years, Fort Collins has grown and changed, but you can still see reminders of the past in the Historic Old Town District and many other sites around the area.
This area has just opened for mountain biking now that the new loop has been added. While short (plan on about an... more travel advice
CSU was home from 1985 to 1991 Colorado State University was founded in 1870 as the state's only land grant... more travel advice
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Fort Collins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hail to thee, our alma mater...."
- "Fort Collins, Colorado"
- "Gateway to the Front Range and Rockies"
- "New Belgium: Bikes & The German Wife Factor"
- "FORT collins"
- "Fort Collins, CO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Collins
- Hotels in Fort Collins
- Transportation in Fort Collins
- Nightlife in Fort Collins
- Restaurants in Fort Collins
- Shopping in Fort Collins
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Collins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Collins
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Fort Collins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Collins
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue