"DINOSAUR CITY, COLORADO" Dinosaur National Monument by cheesecake17
Dinosaur National Monument Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Its location is 129 miles west of steamboat spring on US 40
Tucked in the far northwest corner of Colorado, Dinosaur is the gateway community to the archeologically rich Dinosaur National Monument.
Just three miles east of the Utah border, the quiet town of Dinosaur shows its unique status with streets named Tyrannosaurus Trail and Brontosaurus Boulevard.
The town is part of the Dinosaur Diamond, a circular driving tour of several communities in the northwest corner of the state.
Downtown Dinosaur has two restaurants a souvenir shop and a couple of motels
The Colorado Welcome Center and Dinosaur National Monument Visitors Center are both great places to look for things to do in the area..
One of the most unique locations in the monument is Echo Park where the Yampa River, the last free flowing river in the Colorado river system, meets the Green River.
It remains a habitat for the endangered peregrine falcon, bald eagle, Colorado pikeminnow and razorback sucker.
Camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, mountain biking, four-wheeling, canoeing and hang gliding are also available nearby.
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Dinosaur National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Dinosaur National Monument Page"
- "DINOSAUR CITY, COLORADO"
- "Uhhh...where is everyone?"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dinosaur National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Dinosaur National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinosaur National Monument
Photos in Dinosaur National MonumentSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue