"zamardi" Zamardi by cheesecake17
Zamardi Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 12 photos
Near by are the villages of Szántód, Kõröshegy, Balatonendréd villages and Siófok town, Balatonfüred, Csopak and Tihany villages in the northern part of the lake.
.. The name of Zamárdi is mentioned in written documents as far as 1082, then in the authentic certificate of King Stephen the Third dated 1171. ..In the 16th century, the Turkish army totally destructed the villages, and the area was abandoned for a very long time.
The village was revived by Vildebald Grassó and his successor, Ágoston Lécs, both of them abbots of Tihany in the thirties of the 18th century."
Today is a very popular place for summer fun...and as we drove by ,,you could see lots of food stands, rental places for water activities, restaurant and hotels....
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Zamardi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Zamardi
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Zamardi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zamardi
Photos in ZamardiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue