Japan Hotel Tips by cheesecake17 Top 5 Page for this destination
Japan Hotels: 229 reviews and 238 photos
Take a look at the site for home stay information
Japan has a vast network of well-placed hostels. The basic price is around ..2,700 per night. They follow the same pattern as in the West, but usually have an early 'closing time,' prohibiting late-night forays.
Many are in or near national parks, catering to hikers and school parties. Since they can be booked up by large groups, it's wise to check in advance if they have vacancies
Other Contact: http://www.hostels.jp/
Most camp sites are simple affairs. They usually have just a clear, flat area for erecting tents, and a small reception, with toilets, washing and cooking facilities.
Many don't even have showers. What's more, almost all are only open in summer, or from April to November in popular areas.
Rates are cheap for simply putting up your tent, but renting a bungalow or log cabin can be expensive.
Be careful with older maps, many smaller camp sites have closed in recent years.
The downside is that the water supply and all electricity will invariably be turned off. The plus side: tranquillity
In down-town areas these can be your only option. They are mostly cheerless, with rooms not much larger than the bed, but even in downtown Tokyo you can get an affordable rate. Look for them near the train station in many cities
Prices are about ..6,000-8,000 PER PERSON, maybe breakfast is served but not always
ryokan museum in okabe
Minshuku & Ryokan:
Both commonly referred to as Japanese inns, Ryokan are the Japanese equivalent of Western inns or hotels, and Minshuku are more like pensions or B&B's.
provide classic Japanese surroundings, attentive service, a full-course meal, and are usually located in tourist areas. Their price varies greatly, from around the ..4-5,000 yen to ten times that, but the average is probably around ..10,000
minshuku offer considerably fewer amenities than strictly professional establishments. Guests, for example, are expected to fold up their bedding in the morning and stow it away in a closet, just as a family member would.
Also they don't provide the kinds of courtesies you can expect from a hotel or ryokan, such as towels and yukata. Minshuku rates are about 6,500 yen, which includes two meals, usually served family style.
NOTE.....The 'per-person' bit is important to remember, because most prices in Japan for accommodation are quoted per person, not per room. Even if you tell them your group is two or three people, they will still repeat the per person price. It's not a bad deal, though, when you consider that you're getting two meals included
Minshuku, are often in the less traveled back streets or quieter rural areas.
The Ryokan are definitely more stylish, some going back hundreds of years, and are well worth the extra money.
Other Contact: http://www.jpinn.com/
After 10 o'clock at night most 'love hotels' accept 'stay' customers as well as 'rest' customers. For as little as ..6,000, you and your partner can get a room with 'interesting' decor (look for the ceiling mirrors and oddly-shaped beds). Because they charge per room, it works out at a great deal
They are also very easy to spot, with flashy neon signs, gaudy architecture, and suggestive names like 'Hotel With,' 'Dream' and so on.
In cities you can find them near entertainment areas, and in rural areas near highway interchanges and tourist spots
You enter by a small door, into a subtly lit lobby, and choose a room from a lit display. You take the key, and ascend to your chosen room
If you wish to be hosted In japan by someone or worldwide take a look at this site
More Reviews (141)
- See All Electric supply
- See All JAPAN RAILWAYS GROUP
- See All Rubber stamps to remember....
- See All HAMAYA aka evil-destroying arrow
- See All Among the types of cooking found in...
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Utse Hotel
- Honu Kai B&B Kailua-Kona
- Hallmark Inn Fort Wayne
- Tango Mar Hotel Beach and Golf Resort
- Agron Youth Hostel & Guest House
- Holiday Inn Kitchener Waterloo
- Park Inn and Suites Santa Fe
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- The Timbers Denver
- The Ritz Carlton Denver
- Berkeley Park Apartments By Bridgestreet
- Pergamos Hotel
- Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast
- The Antrobus Arms Hotel
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 717 Reviews
- 1,416 Photos
- 156 Forum posts
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
Videos in JapanSee All Videos (16)
Read real reviews about Japan Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Japan hotels
- Tokyo Hotels
- 3920 Reviews - 9251 Photos
- Osaka Hotels
- 848 Reviews - 2363 Photos
- Okinawa Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Narita Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 237 Photos
- Shinjuku Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Takayama Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 396 Photos
- Nagoya Hotels
- 398 Reviews - 1054 Photos
- Hiroshima Hotels
- 368 Reviews - 898 Photos
- Hakone Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Nikko Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 612 Photos
- Fukuoka Hotels
- 257 Reviews - 463 Photos
- Sasebo Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 209 Photos
- Nara Hotels
- 221 Reviews - 909 Photos
- Otaru Hotels
- 46 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Kobe Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 547 Photos