"LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Japan by cheesecake17
Japan Travel Guide: 21,278 reviews and 61,463 photos
so enchants foreigners?
Partly it is the ancient, intricate arts and crafts...
Partly it is the bottomless depths of Zen Buddhism...
Partly it is the cuisine...
And partly--and perhaps most persuasively of all--it is the kindness and sensitivity of the Japanese people...
The truth, of course, is that all of these attributes interact in amazingly complex and compelling ways, creating the whole of Japanese culture and countryside--a whole that is as enchanting as it is enigmatic.
Both readings are in general use today.
"Nippon" is the more common choice in formal matters.
"Japan" has been chosen as the formal name designating the country in the English language.
Japan is an island lying off the east coast of Asia. It has the general shape of a crescent and extends 3,000 km (1,860 miles) from tip to tip.
The country is made up of four main islands (Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu, and Hokkaido) which together with more than 4,000 smaller islands are collectively referred to as the Japanese Archipelago.
Seishun 18(Seishun ju-hachi kippu)
- Pros:Its a land of contrasts and contradictions
- In a nutshell:aggressively modern yet retaining an Oriental reticence
The electricity supply for areas east of the FujiRiver is 100v/50Hz and is 100v/60Hz in areas west of the river.. Make... more travel advice
In Japan almost everything takes on a certain artistic quality, and manhole covers are no exception. The artwork on... more travel advice
- See All JAPAN RAILWAYS GROUP
- See All Among the types of cooking found in...
- See All Few Ideas
- See All MANGA CAFES
cheesecake17's Related Pages
Japan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAND AND NATURE OF JAPAN"
- "Japan has, what you've never experienced"
- "Nihon sugoi desu! (Japan is wonderful!)"
- "High Culture & Modernity"
- "Japan, My Friends, Our Trip...."
- "Paul's Journey Through Japan"
- "Tadaima!! (I came back!!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Japan
- Hotels in Japan
- Transportation in Japan
- Nightlife in Japan
- Restaurants in Japan
- Shopping in Japan
- Warnings and Dangers in Japan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Japan
- 722 Reviews
- 1,438 Photos
- 167 Forum posts
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Japan
Videos in JapanSee All Videos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 148 reviews, 220 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yaizu Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shizuoka Intro, 52 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Okabe Intro, 31 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 39 reviews, 55 photos
- Toyokawa Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamamatsu Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Inuyama Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kakegawa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue