"Paris" Paris by Eugenetheduck

Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos

May 2005 - My first trip to Paris.....and there will be more! Absorlutely loved Paris. It was easy to get around and the Parisians were very friendly. The food was scrumptuous, especially the chocolate croissants and the ice creams - thank goodness I remembered the most important French phrase I learn't in school-Un glace a la fraise, s'il vous plait

2nd trip to Paris with family - April 2006

Paris was still enjoyable the second time around, but I have now seen the side that people complain about. I generally give way to people walking towards me on the street and when I was by myself I didn't notice that Parisians don't. They actually go out of their way to take up as much room as possible . At one point I wanted to test this theory and asked my young daughter to walk on my left (thinking surely they wouldn't bash into a young child), within a minute she was asking to change hands because "everyone bashes into me!" and we are talking about a wide path! So... that is why Parisians are considered rude. I get it now!

Paris sites

We set off early every morning to see the most popular sites before the crowds. For example, we turned up the the Louvre 10 minutes before opening time and walked straight to the front of the ticket office, not a problem. We didn't have to line up to see the Mona Lisa - the guard actually asked if my daughter wanted to go under the barrier to have her picture taken!?
We turned up 20 minutes before opening at Musee d'Orsay, and it took about 15 minutes to get inside. The line was just as long for those waiting with the museum pass tickets!

• Last visit to Paris: Apr 2006