"Paris" Paris by Eugenetheduck
Paris Travel Guide: 22,868 reviews and 56,683 photos
May 2005 - My first trip to Paris.....and there will be more! Absorlutely loved Paris. It was easy to get around and the Parisians were very friendly. The food was scrumptuous, especially the chocolate croissants and the ice creams - thank goodness I remembered the most important French phrase I learn't in school-Un glace a la fraise, s'il vous plait
Paris was still enjoyable the second time around, but I have now seen the side that people complain about. I generally give way to people walking towards me on the street and when I was by myself I didn't notice that Parisians don't. They actually go out of their way to take up as much room as possible . At one point I wanted to test this theory and asked my young daughter to walk on my left (thinking surely they wouldn't bash into a young child), within a minute she was asking to change hands because "everyone bashes into me!" and we are talking about a wide path! So... that is why Parisians are considered rude. I get it now!
We set off early every morning to see the most popular sites before the crowds. For example, we turned up the the Louvre 10 minutes before opening time and walked straight to the front of the ticket office, not a problem. We didn't have to line up to see the Mona Lisa - the guard actually asked if my daughter wanted to go under the barrier to have her picture taken!?
We turned up 20 minutes before opening at Musee d'Orsay, and it took about 15 minutes to get inside. The line was just as long for those waiting with the museum pass tickets!
Attentive, friendly, English speaking waiters. We visited twice in a week. On second visit we were given samples of... more travel advice
Staff were very helpful and friendly. Tea & coffee making facilities in room. Had no problems with noise. Close to main... more travel advice
Eugenetheduck's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Prague Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liberec Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Athens Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Naxos Island Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cesky Krumlov Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Hruba Skala Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Dolomiti Intro, 1 review, 6 photos