"Laze Around Perhentian" Pulau Perhentian Besar by dfactor
Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 530 photos
The good news is, Perhentian is a great place for you to escape from the madness in the city. The bad news is, you might get hooked with awaits you on the island, kept coming back for more. Another good news is, with AirAsia, it will only take you 3-4 hours from KL to the island. And I think that's the best news.
Perhentian consist of 2 islands, Kecil and Besar (Kecil in Malay means small and Besar is big). I went to Besar this time around, not to Kecil yet. Heard Kecil is more popular with the backpacker because it's cheaper there. Perhentian is about 20 km from the mainland, and it will take you close to 30 minutes by boat to get there.
Before working on my Perhentian page, I said to myself, "I'm afraid I won't have much "Things To Do" tips for Perhentian Besar Island. To tell you the truth, there is only so little you can do on the island. But it's this the whole idea of "nothing much to do on the island" that makes you want to go back there again. I could easily spend the entire day sitting by the beach, under the shade of the coconut trees, reading my book, and listened to the waves hitting the beach. And when I'm tired of reading, just jumped into the sea, swimming with the fishes.
I'm surprise at the price I'm paying for to get to the island resort. The package I paid to Perhentian Besar is RM 350 (check out my Hotel/Accomodations tips for the stuff that comes with the package), with AirAsia to Kota Bahru from KL, it comes up to RM 550. The Ray Ban sunglasses I got specifically for this trip cost me more than the whole damn thing! Phew.
- Pros:Sun, Sea, White Sandy Beaches, Corals, Sharks, Turtle, Corals Fishes
- Cons:Sun Burns
- In a nutshell:A great place to recharge yourself before giving your all at work on Monday
It's quite an experience to see sea turtle in the wild on the island, and a rather big one too. Never thougt I'm lucky... more travel advice
With white sandy beach like this, you've all the more reason to stay close to the beach all day long. Being born and... more travel advice
Written Sep 21, 2006
Sunset at Perhentian Besar
Written Nov 4, 2005
You get what you paying for
dfactor's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's HEAVEN!"
- "PULAU PERHENTIAN BESAR - EAST COAST OF MALAYSIA"
- "Béseme en Besar"
- "Jennifer's search for Solitude"
- "Tropical Paradise discovered"
- "A Place to Get Away"
- "Pulau Perhentian Besar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Besar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Posted in Travel Dublin Forum "Re: 16a bus from airport"
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Besar Travelogue "Sunset at Perhentian Besar"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Things you can do on the beach"
- Wrote a Review Turtle Sightings in Pulau Perhentian Besar Things to Do
- Commented on one of donellaR's Pulau Perhentian Besar travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 3 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sukau Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sepilok Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (35)
Latest Pulau Perhentian Besar hotel reviews
- Coral View Island Resort
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Flora Bay Resort
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Perhentian Paradise Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Panorama Chalet Resort
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Abdul Chalet
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013