"Orang Utans Circus Show" Sepilok by dfactor
Sepilok Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 131 photos
Correct me if I'm wrong, it seems everyone is here for the orang utans only. Never thought Sepilok is so popular among the foreign tourists. If only my fellow compatriots would make an effort to come here and look for themself how wonderful the orang utans are. None of the people I know in KL, from work or friends had ever step foot to Sepilok.
Orang utans' genes are 96.4% similar to our human genes! Gentle and shy by nature, sightings of orang utans in the wild is very rare these days. The sanctuary offers you a glimpse into what they are in the wild. I was surprised at how good they are with the ropes. Just look at this young orang utan! I was thinking if these orang utans are trained in some circus show!
The Pig Tailed Macaques are capable of putting up rather amusing side shows after the orang utans are done eating. Strangely, they all came out from the trees all of the sudden. I took quite a lot of nice close-ups of the macaques. The Sanctuary also houses a couple of highly endangered Sumatran rhinos, and occasionally other animals such as elephants. But I wasn't able to see any of them. Running outta time, for Sukau.
- In a nutshell:The orang utans are hilarious, put up quite a show.
It's best to get to the sanctuary early. You need time to get the tickets and stuff. Plus they have a very interesting... more travel advice
We went to Sepilok from Kota Kinabalu Park. We made a mistake. It's best to depart for Sepilok from Kinabalu Park with... more travel advice
Written Aug 2, 2006
The Players at Sepilok
Written Aug 22, 2006
The supporting cast
dfactor's Related Pages
Sepilok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sepilok Orang-Utan Centre"
- "Orang Utans Circus Show"
- "Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sepilok
- Hotels in Sepilok
- Transportation in Sepilok
- Restaurants in Sepilok
- Shopping in Sepilok
- Warnings and Dangers in Sepilok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sepilok
- 4 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Sepilok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sepilok
Photos in SepilokSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 18 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 37 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 3 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sukau Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos
- Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sepilok Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues