"A short stop" Springfield by Rusket
Springfield Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 114 photos
We had four hours between trains, and decided to take a walk. From the Amtrak Station we went down Lyman Street and up Main Street, where we found the Walk-in Visitor Info Center. They gave us a map and a brochure of Storrowton Village Museum, which we decideed to see. It was a long walk! According to another VT Springfield page, 6.44 kilometers! Across the Memorial Bridge and along Memorial Avenue. Not many other pedestrians and no buses in sight either, the myth about americans driving eveywhere they go, seems to be true :-)
From the map we saw that Riverfront Park with RiverBus cruises and the Basketball Hall of Fame are on the right side of the bridge, that is the left when coming from downtown Springfield. But we had already made our decision, and kept on walking :-)
According to the map: An American Heritage River. A broad and quiet river. In the background: The railway bridge.
Pleasant view of the Memorial Bridge and downtown Springfield from the other side of Connecticut River
We came from Boston with Amtrak's North East Direct, and went on to Montreal with the Vermonter. According to the... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Springfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basketball - Welcome to it's Home"
- "A short stop"
- "A former haunt has new value"
- "Hometown, USA"
- "Springfield (by a British Student on holiday)"
- "A look into Springfield"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Springfield
- Hotels in Springfield
- Transportation in Springfield
- Restaurants in Springfield
- Shopping in Springfield
- Warnings and Dangers in Springfield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Springfield
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Springfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Springfield
Photos in SpringfieldSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue