"A suburb of a suburb" Danville by Rusket
Danville Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 89 photos
In february 1997 my youngest son and I took a month's summer vacation in february :-) This was our first trip to the US, and we stayed with a cousin of mine who at that time lived in Blackhawk, Danville.
Danville is a community of appr. 40.000 people in the San Ramon Valley on the east side of the San Fransisco Bay in California. I don't know where all those people live, I did not see many of them! One day my son and I took a walk to find downtown Danville. We walked and walked, but never found it. Maybe we walked in the wrong direction, who knows. I have made a travelogue about that walk, to show you some beautiful scenery from the valley.
No, I have not stolen this picture from Agraichen, we simply happened to take a picture from the same spot :-)
Blackhawk seems to be a suburb of Danville, which again might be seen as a suburb of San Fransisco. The area where my cousin used to live is surrounded by fences and walls, like some kind of a concentration camp. But a very beautiful one, with pretty houses.
There are two shopping centers close by, with malls, restaurants and whatever you need. We used to walk up there with a backpack when we went shopping. I guess that was a very uncommon sight for americans in 1997, they all stared at us. And road crossing was hazardous to life! Likewise it must have been an uncommon sight to see my unshaved legs; a woman shouted to me across a large parking lot: "Shave your legs, woman!" Not that they are very hairy, I don't know how she could see that they were unshaven from that distance!
* under construction *
- Pros:Beaytiful countryside
- Cons:Not for pedestrians
Rusket's Related Pages
Danville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Danville, CA (Blackhawk)"
- "A suburb of a suburb"
- "Camino Encanto"
- "Just a reminder for myself: Bugatti Royale"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Danville
- Nightlife in Danville
- Restaurants in Danville
- Shopping in Danville
- Warnings and Dangers in Danville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Danville
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Danville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Danville
- Posted in Travel Republic of Montenegro Forum "Re: montenegro in september"
- Commented on one of Rusket's Danville travel pages
- updated a Danville Travel Page "A suburb of a suburb"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A suburb of a suburb"
- Wrote a Review Mt. Diablo, a sacred mountain with a great view! in Danville Things to Do
Photos in DanvilleSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue