"High peaks and deep canyons" Top 5 Page for this destination Nacionalni Park Durmitor by Rusket
Nacionalni Park Durmitor Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 188 photos
The Durmitor area was declared a national park in 1952 and inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage List in 1980, while the Tara River basin was declared a biosphere reserve in 1977. The area of 39,000 ha consists of a plateau at an altitude of 1500 meters, cut through by deep canyons and with 48 peaks higher than 2000 meters. The highest peak is Bobotov Kuk (2525 m). There are 18 glacier lakes, called mountain eyes. The biggest and easiest accessible one is Crno Jezero (the Black Lake) close to Žabljak.
There are many cultural monuments from the antic to modern times scattered around, especially from the middle age.
I have visited Durmitor NP twice, in april 2005 I travelled from Mojkovac to Djurdjevica by bus and taxi from there to Žabljak, in april 2006 I was on a day trip with friends from Pljevlja. All pictures are from my second visit.
What a pity we were there so early, they had just lit the fire in the BIG grill (pics 2 & 3). No doubt they were going... more travel advice
There have been combats in this area earlier, too. The montenegrins are known for their will to be indepentant, their... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Nacionalni Park Durmitor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Durmitor, Tara and Žabljak"
- "Climbing on powerful Durmitor"
- "national park durmitor"
- "High peaks and deep canyons"
- "Put your hiking talents to a test!"
- "Delightful Durmitor"
- "The Tara Gorge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Hotels in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Transportation in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Nightlife in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Restaurants in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- 8 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Nacionalni Park Durmitor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
Photos in Nacionalni Park DurmitorSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue