"My Kotor" Kotor by Rusket
Kotor Travel Guide: 552 reviews and 1,292 photos
The Kotor area with the double set of bays is a collapsed riverbed, and not made by glaciers like the norwegian fjords. The area has a rich history going thousands of years back, and has been under influence of many cultures. The innermost bays, Kotor and Risan, is on UNESCO world heritage list.
Much has been written about Old Town Kotor, both here on VT and / or in tourist brochures. Thus there is no need for me to repeat other people's words. My page will therefore more or less contain tips about what else can be seen and done in Kotor.
This little church with it's beautiful graveyard and a mausoleum is an example of sights outside Old Town. It is situated right above the living area Rakite, on the way towards Budva / Cetinje. Unfortunately I don't know the name of it :-(
- In a nutshell:A lot more than Stari Grad
No, I did not steel this picture from Hotel Bokeljski Dvori, the stain on it shows that it's my own ;-) I enjoy walking... more travel advice
St. Ivan Fortress is easier to spot by night than by day (pics 1 & 2)! When I climbed up there in 2005, it did not cost... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Kotor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotor and Europe's Deepest Fjord"
- "K O T O R"
- "Kotor Rebuilt"
- "The jewel of Montenegro"
- "WELCOME TO KOTOR!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotor
- Hotels in Kotor
- Transportation in Kotor
- Nightlife in Kotor
- Restaurants in Kotor
- Shopping in Kotor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kotor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kotor
- 17 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kotor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotor
Photos in KotorSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue