"My home country" Norway by Rusket
Norway Travel Guide: 10,630 reviews and 30,015 photos
Norway is the country where everybody dress up in their national costumes for the day of constitution, and where we watch childrens parades instead of military ones. And we do it everywhere, not only in front of the kings palace in Oslo, but in the tiniest little spots. Or like here, in the street where I live.
I have found a very good VT site about Norway seen through a foreigners eyes: diocletianvs
He hits the nail on the head and writes with a large portion of humour :-)
We got rich because we were lucky enough to find natural gas and oil in the North Sea at the end of the 1960's. But we do have other industry as well. For years and years our main export consisted of fish and fish products, and the metallurgical industry flourished because of cheap hydropower.
This picture is an official postcard from Statfjord B. It is not copyrighted, thus I feel free to use it. And I have seen the sight, I have worked at all the three Statfjord platforms in addition to several other ones.
Norway is fameous for its fjords and mountains, like The Pulpit in Lysefjorden by Stavanger. But we do have a lot more. I intend to show you some of the places that are not often heard about, and obviously also some of the better known ones.
You will not find very much information on my general page about Norway. But from time to time I will create tips about special sights / events / places that would otherwise be hard to discover for a foreign visitor.
Up to now, I have built / am building pages about:
Our northernmost county Finnmark
Levanger, the town where my father was born.
The city where I was born Trondheim (very little stuff here yet).
The dark woods of Finnskogen Svullrya
A few tips from our capital Oslo
Telemark, the county of my railway station, and the municipality Drangedal.
Other Telemark destinations:
Two destinations from Aust-Agder: Arendal and Nelaug, and two from Vest-Agder: Flekkefjord and Kristiansand
From Rogaland, the county I live in:
Bryne, where my parents live.
Stavanger where I live.
Stavanger's twin city Sandnes
and Tananger in the neighbouring municipality Sola.
More is to come :-)
- Pros:Rich and relatively peaceful
- Cons:Cold and dark during winter
- In a nutshell:I am obliged to love it, I am born here ;-)
Last time I was in this area was appr. 30 years ago! The pictures are taken by my brother on his way to visit our... more travel advice
Outside the Nord-Sel stave church in Sel, Gudbrandsdalen, is a statue of Kristin Lavransdatter. Not bad for a person who... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "By HURTIGRUTEN through Norway"
- "great landscapes and more !"
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 252 Reviews
- 652 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Top Norway hotels
- Oslo Hotels
- 2968 Reviews - 7198 Photos
- Bergen Hotels
- 937 Reviews - 2365 Photos
- Trondheim Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 1014 Photos
- Stavanger Hotels
- 298 Reviews - 973 Photos
- Kristiansand Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 198 Photos
- Ålesund Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 544 Photos
- Honningsvåg Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Flåm Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 334 Photos
- Kirkenes Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Narvik Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 271 Photos
- Tromsø Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 580 Photos
- Geiranger Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 474 Photos
- Kløfta Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Lillehammer Hotels
- 148 Reviews - 354 Photos
- Mo i Rana Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 29 Photos