"Hike to Cerni Vrh" Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha by Rusket
Naroden Park Vitosha Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 197 photos
Upon my return to Sofia after a VT road trip in Macedonia, I stayed with my VT friend Christina and her husband. I had read Christina and her sister Childish's pages about Vitosha National Park already, and was keen to go hiking there. What a day! Four different means of transport, a lost wallet that was returned with the contents intact, stunning views, a lovely hike and a leg injury that could have ended up a lot more serious!
The hiking trail between Aleko and Crni Vrh took us through varied nature, from foresty areas to bare mountain, past several moraines. Most of the trees are Norway Spruce, the big difference is that here they grow at an elevation of 1800 meters, 1000 meters higher than in Norway! At the same time there was still, in mid july, snow on the mountain sides.
Vitosha is the oldes national park in the Balkans, established in 1936. There are several peaks over 2000 meters, the highest is Cerni Vrh with 2290 meter.
To me it looks like a radar station, or maybe it is a part of the meteorological station? It is situated on Mt. Malak... more travel advice
The moraines, also called stone rivers, are typical for Vitosha National Park. The largest ones are up to 2 km in length... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Naroden Park Vitosha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vitosha Mountain"
- "Welcome to My home playground"
- "Hike to Cerni Vrh"
- "Vitosha Mountain"
- "A high place in Bulgaria"
- "Vitosha - mountain and a natural park"
- "To the Summit!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naroden Park Vitosha
- Transportation in Naroden Park Vitosha
- Restaurants in Naroden Park Vitosha
- Warnings and Dangers in Naroden Park Vitosha
- See All...
Explore the World
- Luang Prabang Hotels
- San Sebastián
- Meridian Hotels
- Senawang Hotels
- Ragaciems Hotels
- Dockweiler Beach State Park Hotels
- Airlie Beach Hotels
- Provincia de Manabí
- Prachuap Khiri Khan
Badges & Stats in Naroden Park Vitosha
- 11 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Naroden Park Vitosha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naroden Park Vitosha
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Your Country's Greatest..."
- Commented on one of Childish's Naroden Park Vitosha travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Follow the marked trails!"
- updated a Naroden Park Vitosha Travelogue "Mountain views"
- Wrote a Review What is this? in Naroden Park Vitosha Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue