"58.44N 5.39E" Bryne by Rusket
Bryne Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 45 photos
Any densely populated area with more than 5000 inhabitants can call itself a city in Norway. Bryne, with 7789 inhabitants, was proclaimed a city 1 january 2001. Unlike some of the other small norwegian towns Bryne actual looks like a city ;-)
Bryne is the administrative center of the municipality Time, and is situated in Jæren, Rogaland, half an hour drive south of Stavanger. Communications are good: The main southern railway line runs through the town as does road no 44. Sola Airport Stavanger is 25 minutes away by car.
Although small, Bryne has one of the better football teams in Norway, they have played in the norwegian premier league. The signpost on the picture shows the way to the football stadium where Bryne plays their home matches, appr. 10 minutes to walk from downtown.
Another of the signs points to a very nice walking area along the river.
This green area is less than a five minutes walk away from the railway station
Elderly and disabled persons are well taken care of. This building contains apartments for people who can take care of themselves, but need some assistance. It is specially adjusted for wheelchair access. Right across the street is a welfare center and rooms / appartments for people who need daily care. My parents moved into one of these apartments when my mother became dependent on a walking frame. The complex is close to downtown Bryne and shopping centers, which enables the residents to keep on with their lives without beeing dependant on too much help.
- Pros:Nice little town with good communications
"Stationen" on the ground floor is a PUB that also serves snack like food, and the "dinner of today" is NOK 85. Tuesday... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Bryne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "58.44N 5.39E"
- "30 minutes in Bryne"
- "Bryne - a small town south of Stavanger"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bryne
- 8 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Bryne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryne
Photos in BryneSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue