"62.1 N, 9.1 E" Dombås by Rusket
Dombås Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 82 photos
The small town Dombås, in a mountain valley Norway, is actually very central. The main railway line between Oslo and Trondheim stops there, and it is the start / end point of the scenic Raumabane. Road E6, which runs along Norway from south to north passes through Dombås, and you can get to many fameous (or places that SHOULD be fameous) destinations from here.
Dombås is situated in the municipality Dovre, with 2900 inhabitants and accomodation for 1800 guests! The small town has everything you need: Banks, post office, hair dresser, pizzeria and shopping center ;-)
The three national parks Dovrefjell-Sunndalsfjella, Rondane and Dovre are right next to Dombås, and Jotunheimen a bit south. There are several protected habitats, and the fameous Fokstumyra Nature Reserve.
More about hiking in the national parks under sports travel tips.
- In a nutshell:A lot of nature!
At Lesja, one train stop away from Dombås on Raumabanen, or 18 km along E136 towards Åndalsnes, there is a farm museum... more travel advice
In this area you can find a nearly intact high mountain ecosystem, with wild reindeer, wolverine, arctic fox and golden... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Dombås Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Dombås
- Hotels in Dombås
- Transportation in Dombås
- Restaurants in Dombås
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dombås
- 14 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Dombås?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dombås
Photos in DombåsSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue