"58.51N 5.44E" Sandnes by Rusket
Sandnes Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 66 photos
People tend to believe that Sandnes is a suburb of Stavanger. I once overheard a woman with en eastern norwegian dialect complain to her travelling companion when the long distance train to Oslo stopped in Sandnes 10 minutes after leaving Stavanger: "Does this train stop everywhere?!" I doubt that she would find it strange that the train stops in Drammen as well, half an hour away from Oslo. But the fact is, Sandnes and Drammen are cities of the same size, competing about the position as the 10th largest in Norway. Last statistics says Sandnes is no 9 of municipalities and no 8 of cities.
Sandnes is partly built on clay, literally and figuratively. Bricks used to be a main product of Sandnes. An ocarina is the city symbol.
Sandnes was the home of the bicycle producer Øglænd, who produced the very popular brand DBS. Cycling is still very popular, and the city has marked cycling tracks even in the central parts.
* The page is under construction *
I haven't eaten with them since they moved to Sandnes, but I ate there a lot when they were in Stavanger. In addition to... more travel advice
The banquet and conferance area on the top floor of Quality Hotell Residence is one of the better I have experienced. It... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Sandnes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sandnes-Norwegian's No. 8"
- "58.51N 5.44E"
- "Sandnes - the mountains"
- "My City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandnes
- Hotels in Sandnes
- Restaurants in Sandnes
- Shopping in Sandnes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandnes
- 8 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sandnes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandnes
Photos in SandnesSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue