"Community center" Treungen by Rusket
Treungen Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 4 photos
Treungen is the community center of the municipality Nissedal. Although "nisse" means gnome, the origin of the name is probably the old norwegian word "nidrsær" which means the lower lake.
The population of Nissedal is appr. 1500, many of whom are employed in tourism, farming, hydoelectric power generation and breading of furred animals.
In addition to the lake Nisser, there are 1750 other lakes in the municipality! Camping along the shores is forbidden, but there are lots of campsites. The area is eminent for recreation
Driving directions and other info on my Nisser page, and more info to be added here later.
- In a nutshell:Eminent recreational area.
This old turbine pump is reused for pumping water into an artificial stream right across the street from Tveitsund Mat... more travel advice
There was an odour of junkfood by the counter, but they do have a couple of deasant dishes. I did not eat, but my... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Treungen Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Treungen
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Treungen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Treungen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue