"Undescribable!" Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park by Rusket
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 497 photos
The name Serengeti comes from a Masai word meaning large plain. And that is what it is, and at a rather high altitude. We were happy to be there in a migrating period, and where overwhelmed by the hordes of animals. There were litteraly millions!
I do understand why Drifters and the other operators normally offer this 30 days overland safari only in one direction: When we reached the first park we were impressed by seeing two crocodiles, 6 rhinoes, 4 hippoes, some zebras and impalas. The next park was better, the next one better again. But nothing can be compared with the three days in Serengeti and Ngorongoro! Had we made the journey in the opposite direction, the parks further south would have been more or less boring!
Serengeti National Park's official website with a lot of useful information and a webcam in Seronera, where we camped the first night :-)
- In a nutshell:This beats everything I have ever seen!
I would never make a trip like this on my own! The local tour operators are specialists, they know where and how to find... more travel advice
Masai people still live in the traditional way in this area, looking after their cattle and drinking their mix of blood... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 18 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
- Posted in Travel Republic of Montenegro Forum "Re: montenegro in september"
- updated a Serengeti National Park Travel Page "Undescribable!"
- Wrote a Review Hire a local driver / guide in Serengeti National Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buffaloes"
- Commented on one of Rusket's Serengeti National Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
Latest Serengeti National Park hotel reviews
- Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge
- 297 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013