"Undescribable!" Top 5 Page for this destination Serengeti National Park by Rusket

Serengeti National Park Travel Guide: 140 reviews and 503 photos

The name Serengeti comes from a Masai word meaning large plain. And that is what it is, and at a rather high altitude. We were happy to be there in a migrating period, and where overwhelmed by the hordes of animals. There were litteraly millions!

I do understand why Drifters and the other operators normally offer this 30 days overland safari only in one direction: When we reached the first park we were impressed by seeing two crocodiles, 6 rhinoes, 4 hippoes, some zebras and impalas. The next park was better, the next one better again. But nothing can be compared with the three days in Serengeti and Ngorongoro! Had we made the journey in the opposite direction, the parks further south would have been more or less boring!

Serengeti National Park's official website with a lot of useful information and a webcam in Seronera, where we camped the first night :-)

• In a nutshell:This beats everything I have ever seen!
  • Last visit to Serengeti National Park: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 13, 2005

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Very nice pages. We have just booked our trip for next Sept . i really enjoyed your pages!!

• awladhassan's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 3:37 AM

Wonderful trip, I'd love to make it. The lions in action was a real bonus.

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 12:24 AM

The monkeys are vervets Marit....but wonderful pics. I adore this place and can't wait to put my feet back on African soil in two weeks time again. You beat us to Germany!!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Absolutely fascinating! I loved the collection of wild animals. It sounds as though you had an amazing trip. A once in a lifetime type experience in a place I'm hoping to visit someday.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Amazing page! I'm dying to go there! i didn't see Moose on the pics :)

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 7:07 AM

Fantastic! (the monkeys are vervets by the way) What a great trip! leyle

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 2:06 PM

great Serengeti page ....

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2005 at 7:45 AM

This is amazing so many wild animals = glad you managed to stay safe!

• cassiejoy42's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2005 at 2:44 PM

Marit I love your Serengeti pages - they are amazing. I love the photos of the Masai tribe. Cassie

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2005 at 1:49 PM

Wonderful page and wonderful pictures !!! How close you could get sometimes !!! And I don't know what I would have done waking up and finding a lion family next to our tent - eeks :-)

Rusket

“Backpacking!”

Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park

Have you been to Serengeti National Park?

Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park