"Safari day 1" Limpopo Highlands by Rusket
Limpopo Highlands Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 39 photos
We had no problem getting up at five o'clock in the morning the day of our departure. We had managed to maintain our malaysian sleeping rythm, and we were looking very much forward to starting the safari!
My son was a bit worried about beeing the only kid on a tour like this. He was reassured the day before when a group of nine people returned from a 16 days journey in Botswana. They were a family of five children, two parents and two grandfathers, and the youngest kid was younger than my son.
In our group I was the oldest and my son the youngest, and 6 of the eight participants were from Scandinavia. We had surprisingly few problems living that close with people we did not know for a whole month :-)
We arrived early in the afternoon of the first day, and set up camp in a private reserve, not far from this beautiful lake. We were told that the area belongs to an eccentric veterinarian who flies around in his private helicopter shooting wounded animals with anesthetic arrows to be able to treat them :-)
On the journey up here we saw our first wild animals, a group of four or five zebras grazing anlongside the road. We saw baboons playing not far from the camp and we could hear hyenas and jackals. We were very happy to go to sleep in our tent, listening to all the sounds of the african night and looking at the stars through the tent "window". Next morning our guide Warren told us he had heard buffaloes.
Our dear Froggy took us up the main road from Johannesburg via Pretoria and Pietersburg to the Limpopo Valley. The... more travel advice
Enjoying a braai, watching the beautiful sunset and then the stars above, listening to the sounds in the african night,... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Limpopo Highlands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Safari day 1"
- "The Province in the wilderness"
- "African Safari"
- "An overlooked province?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Limpopo Highlands
- Hotels in Limpopo Highlands
- Transportation in Limpopo Highlands
- Nightlife in Limpopo Highlands
- Restaurants in Limpopo Highlands
- Warnings and Dangers in Limpopo Highlands
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Limpopo Highlands
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Limpopo Highlands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Limpopo Highlands
Photos in Limpopo HighlandsSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue