"Safari day 2" Masvingo Province by Rusket
Masvingo Province Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 28 photos
The Masvingo Province in the south eastern part of Zimbabwe cowers 56,566 km2 and has a population of 1,3 million, mostly Karanga Shona. The province capital, which also goes by the name Masvingo, was founded in 1890 under the name of Fort Victoria, and has 58.000 inhabitants.
Our main goal in this area was The Great Zimbabwe Ruins. 30 km east of Masvingo city, but there are other interesting things like Bushmen rock paintings, Lake Mutirike National Park and the Mushandike Sanctuary:
Farming and mining have been major sources of income, but the later years heavy draught has destroyed large parts of the agricultural industry. The picture, which is taken from the Zimbabwe Ruins, shows green hillsides, but driving through Zimbabwe we could see that it was a lot drier than South Africa.
In addition to the Zimbabwe Ruins, the area is famous for it's boulder rocks.
We heard two different stories about these famous ruins an World Heritage Site: The official one, that it was built by... more travel advice
Rusket's Related Pages
Masvingo Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Safari day 2"
- "Great Zimbabwe Monument Photo Gallery"
- "The Zimbabwe Ruins - A Must See"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Masvingo Province
- 2 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Masvingo Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Masvingo Province
Photos in Masvingo ProvinceSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 28 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Drangedal Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 15 reviews, 86 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dombås Intro, 14 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kragerø Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 78 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kotor Intro, 17 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sarajevo Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naroden Park Vitosha Intro, 11 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue