"UNdER CONSTRUCTION - CHECK BACK LATER" Top 5 Page for this destination Miami by Homanded
Miami Travel Guide: 1,279 reviews and 2,966 photos
THE SOUTH FLORIDA CODE
When giving directions in South Florida, you should always start with the words, Take I-95 to. . . .
If you're a snowbird or a non-working retiree, you absolutely cannot drive between the hours of 6am and 10am and 4pm and 7pm. This is considered to be rush hour and you're not in any rush. No exceptions.
Some roads just stop for no reason and then start again: Congress Avenue, Lyons Road, Jog Road. Freeways can only go north and south. Not east and west.
A1A and ALT A1A are the same streets.
Traffic Lights aren't timed and never will be.
You know how to drive 80 mph and you know how to drive in bumper to bumper traffic? Now do both at the same time.
We measure the distance you travel in time not miles.
If you travel more than 15-20 miles on any road in South Florida without seeing an orange Bob's Barricade, you're not in Florida. You're lost!
I-95 is a parking lot not a freeway.
When your body height becomes 4 inches below the steering wheel get acquainted with Palm Tran train.
If you miss your exit on I-95, its NOT acceptable to back up or cut everyone off trying to get over in time, just go to the next one, I promise you can turn around and get off in the other direction.
Once the light turns green, only 3 cars can go through the intersection.
Know the difference between Sun Pass, Sun Fest, Sun- Sentinel, and Sun Trust.
Flip flops, tank tops and baggy shorts are also known as business casual.
Your blinker means nothing.
English is our second language.
It is perfectly acceptable to brag about the size of your generator.
It is totally acceptable to be living in South Florida but not root for The Dolphins, The Marlins, The Heat or The Panthers. But you could at least pretend in the presence of a native
We have alligators here in South Florida and they WILL bite you. Don't be stupid and try to feed or pet one.
Clematis is a street not a disease.
When a hurricane is headed our way, even though you have advanced warning and you are told to be prepared, you're not a true Floridian unless you wait until the absolute last minute to go to Home Depot to pick up plywood or to Publix to stock up water, ice, beer, and potato chips.
Northlake Blvd and Okeechobee Blvd are where you buy a car.
You know how to spell Okeechobee.
Do NOT buy a boat. Make friends with someone who already owns a boat. That way you don't have to deal with the headaches.
There is an Okeechobee Blvd, Street, Avenue, a town, a lake and a county.
You weren't born here. If you were, you're angry that everyone else moved here.
There's always a Walgreens across the street from a CVS on almost every corner - with more being built every day.
When picking up a woman on South Beach, look for Adams apple.
You can never be as tan as News Channel 5's Jim Sackett.
The Amphitheater at the Fair Grounds will change names about every 4 years.
It's perfectly normal to string up your Xmas lights in December while wearing shorts and a tank top.
Jupiter is a city not a planet.
Seniors have to do their errands during the weekdays. Not weeknights or weekends - that's for the working folks.
There are three types of dolphins: Mahi-mahi, flipper, and also one called a football team.
You can't say; "this is how we did up north", if you think that way then GO BACK !
No matter what they decide in Tallahassee you will never be able to figure out your property taxes.
Learn how to dress in layers. It will be 95 degrees outside but inside any restaurant or business it's 65 degrees.
There are three things you will need to survive a south Florida winter: A long sleeved T-shirt, sunscreen and restaurant reservations that you make at least three weeks in advance. The same neighbor who smiles at you every day will be the first one to rat you out if your are violating water restrictions
Huge collection of butterflies, hummingbirds and flowering tropical plants in a glass hot house. Butterflies from all... more travel advice
Fantastic place to spend a day strolling through beautifully maintained and well manicured gardens. Get a feel of... more travel advice
- See All TAXI/CAB FEE ESTIMATES
- See All Best Mediterranean restaurant in Miami
- See All Worlds Largest assortment of Outlet...
- See All LATIN SALSA CLUBS - MIAMI
- See All REMOVING TAR FROM YOUR FEET
Homanded's Related Pages
Miami Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "UNdER CONSTRUCTION - CHECK BACK LATER"
- "Miami - Escape from Winter Weather"
- "miami florida"
- "cobrioc's Miami Beach Florida Page"
- "MIAMI: ALWAYS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART"
- "M I A M I"
- "Best city in the US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miami
- Hotels in Miami
- Transportation in Miami
- Nightlife in Miami
- Restaurants in Miami
- Shopping in Miami
- Warnings and Dangers in Miami
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miami
- 64 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 160 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Miami?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miami
- Posted in Travel Hawaii (State of) Forum "Re: Two or three islands in 3 weeks"
- Wrote a Review TAXI/CAB FEE ESTIMATES about Taxis in Miami Transportation
- created a Miami Travelogue "TAXI/CAB FARE FINDER IN MIAMI"
- Uploaded a Photo to "COLORFUL SONGBIRDS OF FLORIDA"
- Commented on one of Homanded's Miami tips
Photos in MiamiSee All Photos (133)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 64 reviews, 133 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 9 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seattle 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos