Thailand Transportation Tips by Homanded Top 5 Page for this destination
Thailand Transportation: 410 reviews and 283 photos
If you're limited on time and wish to cover as much of Thailand as possible then the Discovery Airpass on Bangkok Air is the way to go.
You can fly between all cities in Thailand for only USD $50.00 each leg or, USD $90.00 international, including Siem Reap Cambodia (making Angkor Wat accessible within a shor 2 hour flight).
A sample itinerary as follows for a 2 week trip:
Bangkok - Chiang Mai: $50.00
Chiang Mai - Siem Reap $90.00
Siem Reap - Phuket: $90.00
Phuket - Ko Samui: $50.00
Ko Samui - Bangkok: $50.00
Grand Total: $320.00
They even cover Hong Kong and other international ports of entry.
Simply access their website at www.Bangkokair.com and follow the menu to their Discovery Air Pass link or go to the link below:
Mai, Gai and Children
The Tuk Tuk family was by far the best way to see Thailand.
Mai and Gai (pronounced GUY) were knowledgeable, charming and full of information both to the history as well as "off the track" restaurants and things to do.
They kept us away from the shopping area and discouraged begging away from us.
The most WONDERFUL part of them however was their children. They would ride along with us after school practising their english. Happy for candy and polite enough to Wai and thank us they were a fun way of exploring and getting to know about Thai culture. Please give them a chance, tell them the Americans, Homer and Eddie sent you.
Leo's "THE BEACH"
Shop around for pricing. Do not contract yourself to the first price offered! Take time to walk (often only 2 doors down) and you'll see similar or even same itinerary at a cheaper price. Suggested you take (if time allows) first day to "get a feel" for pricing of what you may be interested in.
Also, different companies offer same identical tours but according to their staff/boats/etc. may be charging alot more!
Hotels are generally not a good place to book from, better from the street vendors we found.
One last thing: When booking your tour, be insistent that you're wanting a tour WITHOUT shopping in it! If you don't inquire, they'll figure your shopping time into the actual itinerary wasting some of your valuable vacation time.
We loved Phuket Master Team Travel Company. They were professional, great boats and wonderful service! 66-76-273405
Other Contact: Phuketspeedboat@hotmail.com
More Reviews (31)
- See All Adult Entertainment Abounds !!!
- See All Need a complete guide to ALL of...
- See All BEST restaurant guide I've found
- See All Airport baggage storage
- See All General Weather information year-round...
Homanded's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "but where is your soul?"
- "A Different Thailand - The Non-Standard Places"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 35 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 843 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Krakow to Prague. Day train..."
- Commented on one of Homanded's Thailand tips
- Wrote a Review Adult Entertainment Abounds !!! in Thailand Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "BEST RESORT ON PHUKET - ON THE BEACH!!!"
- created a Thailand Travelogue "Bangkok City Map - very easy to navigate"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 65 reviews, 133 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- China Intro, 34 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wyoming Intro, 9 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Thailand Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seattle 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos