Thailand Favorite Tips by Homanded
Thailand Favorites: 603 reviews and 422 photos
Favorite thing: Airport has convinient storage facilities which some tourists utilize while hopping to nearby cities of Thailand or, Cambodia, Bali, Singapore.
Cost of storage is approximately 70 Thai Baht per day per piece.
Bangkok being a shoppers paradise it is easy to accumulate luggage. An alternative to traveling throughout with your excess bags is to safely deposit them at the airport for collection on your final, onward flight home. For this reason alone Bangkok makes a terrific stopping point!
Information at the following website:
Favorite thing: Many International Banks maintain offices in Bangkok and many operate out of Airport itself.
We found it convinient that our own Bank here in the US had an office in downtown BKK.
For a general list of some of the banks:
Bank of America, next door to the Hilton at 2/2 Wireless Rd. (tel. 02251-6333); Chase Manhattan Bank, Bubhajit Building, Sathorn Nua Rd. (tel. 02234-5992); Citibank, 82 Sathorn Nua Rd. (tel. 02232-2000); National Australia Bank, 90 Sathorn Rd. (tel. 02236-6016); and Standard Chartered Bank, Abdulrahim Place, 990 Rama IV Rd. (tel. 02636-1000).
Fondest memory: However, even if your bank has a branch in Thailand, your home account is considered foreign here -- conducting personal banking will require special arrangements before leaving home.
American Express office at 388 Pahonyothin Rd. in Bangkok. You can reach the office at tel. 02273-5296 during business hours (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm) or call their customer service hot line (tel. 02273-5544) with any problems or questions.
Favorite thing: Most tourists travel light and use Bangkok either as a final destination or jumping off point to other parts of Thailand, all with the intention of taking advantage of their fabulous shopping.
Rightfully so, Thailand, Bangkok in particular, is a shoppers paradise.
Question is: What to do with all the suitcases you're sure to fill up?
Bangkok's Don Muang's Airport offers convinient luggage storage in both the domestic as well as the international airport sections.
The cost to store your bags are around 90 BHT per day (about USD $2.20).
They're open 7:00am - 10:00pm 24 hours a day.
This is particularly handy if you're making connections on your outboud flight from another destination as we did from Bali.
Favorite thing: No sleeveless shirts or blouses. Make sure you're convered up.
No short pants, shorts or 3/4 pants at temples.
Long pants are provided for a nominal fee upon entering Grand Palace. You will get your deposit back upon exiting.
Save yourself the queu line, either wear long pants on that day or, invest in a pair of pants who's legs zip off for ease and convinience.
New friends on my Birthday
Favorite thing: Whenever possible, try to meet other westerners. They don't have to necessarily be from same country you're from but, it is always nice to compare notes in evening over drinks/dinner. Whenever we travel to a place we've been before, we find it so much more interesting seeing it anew through someone else's eyes!
You can share expenses, tips, suggestions. You can "buddy" or have your new friends join you to an upcoming event.
We not only met quality people but, have offered to host in our own country as well as had invitations from people throughout the world for future vacations. Just say "Sawasdee"
Fondest memory: Amongst the fondest memories are the jokes, laughter and warm hugs we shared with new friends.
More Reviews (29)
- See All Adult Entertainment Abounds !!!
- See All Need a complete guide to ALL of...
- See All BEST restaurant guide I've found
- See All General Weather information year-round...
- See All DISCOVERY AIRPASS - USD $50.00 between...
Homanded's Related Pages
Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thailand - BpraThetThai"
- "Beautiful Thailand!!"
- "Siam - Land of the Smiles"
- "*The Land of Smiles"
- "Thailand, great time but not again"
- "but where is your soul?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thailand
- Hotels in Thailand
- Transportation in Thailand
- Nightlife in Thailand
- Restaurants in Thailand
- Shopping in Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Thailand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Beatenberg Hotels
- Cooper Island Hotels
- Largo, Key Hotels
- Walnut Creek
- Little Bookham Hotels
- Taman Negara Kinabalu
- Cannero Riviera
Badges & Stats in Thailand
- 35 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 733 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thailand
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Intro, 63 reviews, 133 photos, 14 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Wyoming Intro, 9 reviews, 86 photos, 6 travelogues
- China Intro, 33 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amboseli National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seattle 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
Top Thailand hotels
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10206 Reviews - 22508 Photos
- Ko Samui Hotels
- 1125 Reviews - 2469 Photos
- Pattaya Hotels
- 914 Reviews - 2280 Photos
- Hat Yai Hotels
- 374 Reviews - 706 Photos
- Chiang Mai Hotels
- 1854 Reviews - 4691 Photos
- Hua Hin Hotels
- 586 Reviews - 1118 Photos
- Ko Samet Hotels
- 247 Reviews - 621 Photos
- Nakhon Ratchasima Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 371 Photos
- Ko Phi Phi Don Hotels
- 487 Reviews - 1361 Photos
- Khon Kaen Hotels
- 92 Reviews - 260 Photos
- Ko Phangan Hotels
- 393 Reviews - 818 Photos
- Ko Chang Hotels
- 224 Reviews - 561 Photos
- Ban Lamai Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Kanchanaburi Hotels
- 462 Reviews - 1329 Photos
- Chiang Rai Hotels
- 230 Reviews - 672 Photos