"Strecno" Strecno by hdv63
Strecno Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 23 photos
When looking for a nice place to stay a few weeks we disocverd Strecno. The ruins of the Strecno castle are a dominant above the Váh river and are standing high on the hill as a symbol of feudal power in the region of middle Považie. The castle has been in ruins for three centuries, but it still belongs among the best known castles in Slovakia. We stayed two nights; Strecno really is a very nice village.
Looking down from the Strecno castle you have a great view at the Vàh river with the 1960 built bridge for pedestrians and bikers and the hand powered ferry (1953)
The main street near the tourist information office and the castle
- Pros:Very pretty village, nice peole
- In a nutshell:Recommended !
When we visited the Srechno castle, we passed a little summer restaurant, just a little buidling with a terrace. We had... more travel advice
hdv63's Related Pages
Strecno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Ruins... With a Great View"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strecno
- 2 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Strecno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strecno
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 67 photos, 9 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 4 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Weer Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 2 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vianden Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues