"Hollands smallest museum" Capelle aan den IJssel by hdv63
Capelle aan den IJssel Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 10 photos
Not exactly a touristic place, this suburb east of Rotterdam. But: they're working on their history and that's a good thing! The local Historic Union runs two museums.
The regular museum is fouded in the building of an old pumping-engine: Gemaal Jan Anne Beijerink, adress; Bermweg 13
The other museum, Netherlads smalles one, is situated in "Het Dief- en duifhuisje", the thief- and pigeonhouse. Location: Rozenburcht near Slotlaan. This little building is the last remain of the former Castle of Capelle. In this building werd thiefs held prison and also there were pigeons kept.. Every now and then there is an thematic exposition.
More information: see website:
hdv63's Related Pages
Capelle aan den IJssel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "No content (just studid backgrounds I use !)"
- "Hollands smallest museum"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capelle aan den IJssel
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Capelle aan den IJssel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capelle aan den IJssel
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 67 photos, 9 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 4 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- Weer Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 2 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vianden Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues