"For what it's worth.." hdv63's Profile
When I was looking for information about my 2005 holidays in Slovakia, I discovered VT. After one day I had answers to the questions I asked a VT-member. Thanks Matt, you were a great help!
I became very enthousiast about VT, so I searched my archives to find some pics of the travels I made. Hope you enjoy them, have fun!!
I like dark woods, high mountains, desolated places, crowded cities and, of course, local people.
I don't care about ranks or ratings, I do it just for fun...........
I'm very interested in local/regional history and specially in public transport in the region.
So visit my website: http://home.tiscali.nl/station_nieuwerkerk/index.html
STORY OF A WINDMILL
After years of working, in May 2005 the old windmill "Windlust" is reconstructed and working again.
For the last 50 years there was only a trunk. In 1999 the preservation and reconstruction started. New top and wicks were contstructed, we are proud to have this monument in our village!
More about the reconstructed windmill in Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel, you can read at:
At the time there will be more information on this page
View at the river Hollandsche IJssel from the windmill, May 2005
I had to do some work inside the top of the mill, so when I was there, I made this photo, 07-12-2005.
In the very modern centre of my residence, Nieuwerkerk a/d IJssel, only one historic building was left: a farm called "BATAVIER", built in 1881. Over the last 40 years it was used by the municipal and now there are plans for a kind of cultural centre at the place of the old farm. Though the farm is a monument (and the only old building in our centre), the town-council has decided to demolish the farm en build a copy (!) of the BATAVIER at the same location.
Shame - the breakdown started 09-01-2006......
I used to be a worker, keeping managers alive................
But those managers blew up the company, so I was unemployed for over a year!
I didn't like this situation, because I was missing over 600 Euro's every month !!
In March 2006, I found a new job and I hoped this job would bring me pleasure and -of course- money........................
But unfortunately; the owner of this company seems to be a criminal who doesn't pay, so my lawyer had demand his bankruptcy.......
In July 2007 I started a new job, until now it does bring me some luck after three years of desperation..................
Vianden (Luxembourg) - May 2008
Poland and Slovakia - July / August 2008
Noorbeek, Limburg (NL) - September 2008
Vianden (Luxembourg) - October 2008
Vianden (Luxembourg) - May 2009
Austria/Italy - July 2009
Vianden (Luxembourg) - October 2009
Vianden (Luxembourg) - May 2010
Java / Bali (Indonesia) - July / August 2010
Vianden (Luxembourg) and Rurberg (Germany) - October 2010
Rurberg (Germany) and Vianden (Luxembourg) - Easter 2011
Austria/Italy with some friends - July 2011
Vianden and Lellingen (Luxembourg) - October 2011
Lellingen (Luxembourg) - April 2012
Madeira - Summer 2012
Wincrange, Vianden and Lellingen (Luxembourg) - October 2012
Austria - May 2013
California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona - July / August 2013
Vianden, Lellingen (Luxembourg) and Dinant (Belgium) - October 2013
2014 ???? Still don't know
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 161 Reviews
- 1,533 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 50 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- updated a Kuta Travel Page "Seminyak"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sierck-les-Bains"
- Wrote a Review Toboggan Rides, Church of Nossa Senhora and Poncha in Funchal Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "For what it's worth.."
- Commented on hdv63's profile page
PhotosSee All Photos (1533)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 67 photos, 9 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 4 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 24 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Weer Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 2 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vianden Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos